I'm going to the states soon and since everything is so damn cheap there I thought I'd buy a dist pedal while im there...
But I have no clue what to buy

All I want is a simple distpedal with a few like... eq knobs for the dist, any recomendations?
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
boss bassOD
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
el grande bass fuzz if its out yet
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Fulltone Bass Drive. My Boss ODB-3 has been in my signal chain for 20 mins since I got the fulltone.

It has an absolutely fantastic overdrive sound, and the boost channel gives a pretty good distortion.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I would say get the Ashdown Hyperdrive (demo on my profile.) But as those are made by a British Company, I think it will be harder to find those in the States, or anywhere out of England actually.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Boss OBD-3 is great IMO. Although I haven't played any other bass overdrive/distortion on my bass. I have played guitar dist. through it.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
The ODB-3 is a good fuzz/distortion pedal IMO, I don't consider it an overdrive even though boss does.

Other options are the El Grande by MXR and the Big Muff for bass, test them out before you buy if you have a chance.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I would say get the Ashdown Hyperdrive (demo on my profile.) But as those are made by a British Company, I think it will be harder to find those in the States, or anywhere out of England actually.

Is that the James Lomenzo one or the standard one? Because I have the Jlo one and that's very good but for simplicity I would go for the Boss one, look on the Boss US website and you can find some sound samples.
Quote by aaciseric
Is that the James Lomenzo one or the standard one? Because I have the Jlo one and that's very good but for simplicity I would go for the Boss one, look on the Boss US website and you can find some sound samples.

The Hyperdrive is the James Lomenzo one, there is only that one. The other Ashdown one is like the Drive+
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Fulltone GT-500. Pricey, but it's two amazing pedals in one, and when you use them together you get a tone that both keeps the low end but gives you AMAZINGLY clear distortion.
haha
Quote by Primus2112
Big Muff.

Are you rich enough to run a biamped rig, or do you just enjoy dropping out of the mi when the distortion castrates your low end?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1