DUE AUG 19

Alright kiddies, its time to shine for S&L infants. So pull on your pull ups (big boy now!) and put on some boxing gloves and a shirt that says, "My daddy says I kick ass."

Here's the dealio.

- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "I'm in" (or something like that).
- The piece

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after May 1st, 2008.... no exceptions.

If you do not submit a piece you will lose 1 point in the standings.

If you finished in the top 3 for the previous months competition (June) then you can not compete in this month's.

Extra notes:
1) Write whatever you wish in the form of song, poem, prose... just don't make a novel, no one wants to read a book.

B) doesn't have to rhyme... but it can if you want. It can be about whatever you want

3) When you have your piece done PM it to me. To Private Message (PM) you click on my name, go to where it says "send message" on the left side of my profile, then send me your piece. Please put the title in the message, and use the title "Newbie Comp" for the subject

D) Once polls are up, vote in all other groups except your own... DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN PIECE OR I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE BABY-MAKER.

Q12) Feel free to drink from a ba-ba whilst writing.

---Players---

1)AK.*
2)hardhitter77*
3)Matt Doreen*
4)johnwhitemusic*
5)bigtee212
6)salsaaared*
7)sleep sickness*
8)ATM
9)freakforjesus
10)denn0069*
11) boanerge*

* = I have a piece from you.
Heh, sure, I'm in. =P
Yehh, can you take it? Didn't think so.
im in

2 questions, when are these due by?
and just to keep my options open, can it be a rap? or does it have to stick more to other song types?

thank you
I'm in if u'll let me b.

I'm newb but I think my bands songs rok. lol no more braggarting! tyme to shine as my drummer always sayz two me lol.

Why iz yur name green TS? can my name b green two?
Quote by #1 synth
I'm in if u'll let me b.

I'm newb but I think my bands songs rok. lol no more braggarting! tyme to shine as my drummer always sayz two me lol.

Why iz yur name green TS? can my name b green two?

Every. Month.
I'll do it, but question- can I submit the same piece earlier or later or even at the same freaking time to the songwriting and lyrics forum?
Quote by ATM*
I'll do it, but question- can I submit the same piece earlier or later or even at the same freaking time to the songwriting and lyrics forum?

Yes, that's fine. Just make sure you're not going over the daily/weekly limits of the forum. but yeah, you can use the same piece.
I'm pretty busy as it stands but I'd like to join in does the piece have to be written now or can it be one we've written and even posted before?
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
i dont know what the age restrictions are or if i'm too late to join but i am in indeed

EDIT: never mind...i failed to see the join date thing...even though i read it twice lol
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
Last edited by deadhand329 at Aug 17, 2008,
Question: what is the said comp? I am to old to be in this, but what is it for? Do you win something, or do you just write a song for fun?
hey dude, i sent you my piece in a message on the profile page rather than a PM because i'm a tool.
I wanna be in it. I've showed some of my writings on here, but i'm no professional.
Black/Death.