in EQ on iTunes and what not, what do all the things stand for?

32|64|125|250|500|1k|2k|4k|8k|16k

then you have preamp to the left.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Frequencies. The left is lower, the right is higher. Keep it flat if you have good speakers. EQing is done during mastering and it meant to be played through a flat EQ.
The different frequency ranges

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ok thanks.

do you guys keep yours even, or move them?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
I keep mine steady unless it's my own song that I recorded, in which I master mine on the computer to get the sound I want.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by veggiederek
ok thanks.

do you guys keep yours even, or move them?

I wouldn't manually move them. I'd just select a preset eq from the list. I usually keep mine on Jazz.

Like someone said earlier, the producers of a recording intended on a specific setting, which they tune in the mix. They want the listeners to listen through a neutral speaker so that it brings out the intended eq.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It`s really handy, if you want to hear the bass better, turn up the low frequencies
64k and 128k. If you turn the low up and the high down, you get a bit that 'neighbours have their music too loud' idea. If you turn up the high and do the low ones down then you get that feeling in your eyes like when you`re in a aeroplane and you take off.
SE megabass <3
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

My EQ on iTunes

Works great for heavier music, brings out a more of the bass and to me kind of defines things more.