Hey hows it going? I have an ibanez RG370dx, and i love it, I replaced all the pick ups and it feels fantastic. The only down fall is the tremolo, frankly, its a piece of crap and cant be used. I bought a tremol-no a year back and its been blocking the tremolo ever since.

I recently played a guitar with a floyd rose in it, it felt amazing and I would want that in my guitar. The problem is I dont know which model floyd rose to buy and will it just drop right in? A link to where i could buy would be amazing.

Thanks for your help
thats got an Edge III right?
I don't think anything retrofits it directly without any routing. You're going to need to cut your guitar up a bit. Not sure which will need more work than others (I've got a feeling something like an Edge Pro might fit but get some measurements)

your options for a good trem:
Original Floyd Rose
Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge/Edge Pro
Gotoh
Schaller
Kahler
Last edited by seljer at Aug 3, 2008,
Vibrato....

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I'm sure you will have to do some routing, mainly because the Edge III is routed a lot differently that a Floyd Rose.

So, unless you can do this yourself, take it to a pro to get it fitted in.

EDIT:

Quote by woodsballplayer
where do i find/buy this? ebay?

Yup, but you can buy them off tons of more trusted websites. Which is a better idea.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by seljer
thats got an Edge III right?
I don't think anything retrofits it directly without any routing. You're going to need to cut your guitar up a bit

where would i have to cut up? Im guessing the hole between the back and front of the guitar needs to get bigger?
You can buy OFRs here at Warmoth: http://warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/bridges.cfm?fuseaction=bridges_floyd_original

As for installation and routing, some guitars need others don't. EDGE III routes aren't uniform for some reason so you can't really tell until you go and plunk the trem into the guitar.

The user nyandres can help you with that. He has a guide too: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849290