ive been really thinking about what career i want to do when im older. i started thinking of what i really like and that is music and computers. ive been doing alot of research into studio equipment along with pro-audio stuff and all of it has really intrigued me. so i got the thought that finding some job involving pro-audio or studio equipment would be a good choice. does anyone know a relative amount of money one could make with such a job, or a job that would involve such things. how does this sound as a career choice?
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Enough to support yourself decently in a small apartment probably.

I've also thought about it, and also have decided to keep a back-up job in mind.
It depends. If you suck, hardly anything. If you're good, its endless.

Moral of the story, don't suck.
Pfft, good luck mate.

My guitar teacher went for working in a studio... it was a place in London. To get the job he had to know how to use Sonar, Reason and Cubase to a high standard, have an A level in Music Tech (which he had) and work night shifts for about a year.
Depends.

Even with qualifications, it's likely you won't make a lot of money.

A lot of big studios are starting to close down which is killing a lot of business.

You have to do it out of passion, not because you want money, because the chances are you aint gunna make much.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
what about being a sound technician or something similar?
GEAR
Dean Vendetta
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband

Quote by alexyeung

wtf?
The person you want to talk to is Slaytanic1993.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Diet_coke_head
It depends. If you suck, hardly anything. If you're good, its endless.

Moral of the story, don't suck.

pretty much

theres alot to it and much of it requires experience with programs like cubase or whatever (particually EQing) so if you're serious about it, get a cheap program and toy around with it
Sig space available, give me some praise
Yeah, I forget the exact numbers, but I think its a ballpark range of $10 an hour if your new, and not well known, but that number can get really high up there, depending on how good you are, and if you know what you are doing, and the right company hires you. My friend works for a sound company around here, and he does live sound for press confrences, club shows, and a lot of stuff like that, and he gets a good amount of money just working one night. He told me on a good night he can get up to $500 a gig, if not more.
why talk to Slaytanic1993?
GEAR
Dean Vendetta
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband

Quote by alexyeung

wtf?