I have an old Epiphone Goth SG that's been customized/beat to ****. It cannot stay in tune for anything, but I still love this guitar.

Anyways, it has a standard bolt-on neck, but it seems very loose (I can bend the neck and have the notes dive about a whole step or more down). Is there anyway I can fix this without bringing it to my local music shop. I'm looking for a simple fix, even if it's ghetto as hell.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Maybe replace the screws so you can tighten them better?
Or if there's space, you can hit up like, Home Depot or something, and grab some wood shims and fill in the space with that.
you don't get more ghetto than duct tape.

really though, how do you mean loose, does the whole neck move in the pocket or does it just bend easily?

if it bends easilt theres not enough tension on it so tighten the truss rod, this wud also help if the action is stupidly high
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
you don't get more ghetto than duct tape.

really though, how do you mean loose, does the whole neck move in the pocket or does it just bend easily?

if it bends easilt theres not enough tension on it so tighten the truss rod, this wud also help if the action is stupidly high

It's not loose in the pocket, it just bends VERY easily. The mere pressure of my hand on the fretboard causes it to go sharp.

Also, the action is set rather low.
And the whole thing is already covered in duct tape. ha

I just need an easy fix...

i think you need to tighten the truss rod, the strings are pulling the neck one way and theres not much pulling the other way so when you put your hand on it you make a rather noticeable difference.

if that doesn't work the neck is just ****ed
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.