I need a new laptop and im looking at spending around 1000 pounds. Which is best for music production? i need something for recording on the road, but i think i have to get 7200 rpm
Quote by 666_Pounder
Mac for music. Alienware are overpriced to the max.

really? they seem high spec from what ive seen. i couldnt find another 7200rpm machine around.
Quote by Steve The Plank
For music, definitely a Mac. If you're gonna spend more time gaming on it, then go Alienware.

na ive got a quadcore desktop. the problem is the speed of the harddrive i dont its powerful enough.
Quote by Phazer
na ive got a quadcore desktop. the problem is the speed of the harddrive i dont its powerful enough.

For what reason exactly do u need the 7200 RPM hard drive?
Not alienware. If you decide to go with a PC build your own. If you can't do that, you can get much more for your money with a different company than you can with alienware.
Yeah, if you're using it for recording on the road, Macbook for the win. Though you can probably find something better for the price.
I would either go MacBook or neither.

Macs are pretty cool though.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
MacBook Pro. I have an Alienware and it's really not worth the money.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't get a MacBook. They're a BIG rip off.

about a grand, any other brand, you can get the same specs for half the price.

I proved it once Went into apple then currys
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
Don't get a MacBook. They're a BIG rip off.

about a grand, any other brand, you can get the same specs for half the price.

I proved it once Went into apple then currys

my aunt has a 2004 powerbook g4 (today known as a macbook pro) still running perfectly with as much maintence as a person with no computer knowledge can manage.

Every laptop ive owned has fallen apart in anywhere from a year to ALMOST 2 years. Macs have excellent resell value, others lose there value the second you buy them.

Macs basically have staying power, others simply fall apart.
Mac = Good for music/office stuff

Alienware = Good for gaming, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced cause it has flashy lights everywhere and a good cooling system. You could find something better for a LOOOT cheaper just without flashy lights.
Quote by kaosfire
For what reason exactly do u need the 7200 RPM hard drive?

because the large vsts and stuff i use need to be loaded quickly to avoid excess latency
Both are overpriced to the max. I suggest neither. But definitely don't get the Alienware, because gaming notebooks have bad battery life.

Question: How are macs better for music? Both Windows and OS X have Pro Tools and Cubase, two of the most popular packages.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Aug 3, 2008,
i just got macbook pro, it's really awesome! so much more stable then windows.

os x protools is just better, a my sound engineer lecturer told me so
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You can't do music things on PC's, that's just silly.
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

Quote by Aftertime
i just got macbook pro, it's really awesome! so much more stable then windows.

os x protools is just better, a my sound engineer lecturer told me so :rolleyes
:

yeah more stable and easier to use but doesnt impact the sound quality
Go for the Mac for music. For any kind of media fields, Mac>everything.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything