I bought a Martin 000cx1e Acoustic/Electric guitar from Guitar Center in Baton Rouge last December (about 7 months ago). No, I did not buy the store model. It's a wonderful guitar that has served me well. I take care of her like she's my baby...

I have noticed the last couple months that the back of the neck feels... like it has texture... like the woods isn't smooth and such (as it should be). A few moments ago I took a small *fret board/neck cleaner" rag and gently went over the back of the neck only to realize it seems a small piece of woods (splinter size) is apparently gone...

How could this have happen to such a nice guitar already and what should I do? I've had much much cheaper acoustic guitars have a much more sturdy neck backing (sealed and smooth)...

I sorta want to cry... but not in front of my Martin
If it's on the back of the neck it really doesn't matter... unless you're really that concerned about the aesthetics of a part of your guitar few people will see anyways.

If it does interfere with your playing, you could fill it up with some wood filler or epoxy.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Well I can feel the wood splintering on the back at certain parts... so it affects my my playing... and makes me sad

Is there something I could put on it?
Quote by allstar21369
Well I can feel the wood splintering on the back at certain parts... so it affects my my playing... and makes me sad

Is there something I could put on it?

As I said, wood filler or epoxy, but that's only in extreme cases. You could seriously damage your neck if something goes wrong.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Get it checked out by a repairer to see what the real problem is. Home made repairs often lead to a more expensive professional repair later.