Aug 3rd

2007, Queen guitarist Brian May handed in his astronomy PhD thesis - 36 years after abandoning it to join the band. May had recently carried out observational work in Tenerife, where he studied the formation of "zodiacal dust clouds."

2006, Arthur Lee, singer and guitarist of the influential 1960s band Love died in Memphis at the age of 61 following a battle with acute myeloid leukaemia. He called himself the "first black hippie" and formed Love in Los Angeles in 1965. Best known for the critically revered 1967 album, 'Forever Changes.'

1991, Metallic held a playback party to launch their self-titled album at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Kurt Cobain and Chris Novoselic from Nirvana both attended.

1985, Tears For Fears started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Shout', the duo's second US No.1.

1968, The Doors started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Hello I Love You', the groups second US No.1. A No.15 hit in the UK. The group had 8 top 40 US hits from 67-71.

1963, The Beatles played their last ever performance at the Cavern Club in Liverpool.

More at http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
Since when has Tears For Fears been important?
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
1963, James Hetfield was born.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
1949, A man by the name of Frank Iommi was born.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
1949, A man by the name of Frank Iommi was born.

If you're referring to Frank "Tony" Iommi, you're wrong.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
on the 31st of february chuck norris was born
Sig space available, give me some praise
does the beatles' performance on top of apple records count? cuz if so that is wrong
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by ross1234

lol that's great
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Justin_43130
does the beatles' performance on top of apple records count? cuz if so that is wrong

It says last appearance at The Cavern Club in Liverpool. The roof gig was on top of their building in London.
Quote by ross1234

iseewutyoudidthar
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Justin_43130

He just meant it was their last performance at the Cavern Club.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by Floyd93
He just meant it was their last performance at the Cavern Club.

ok i got it, i was confused because it says last ever performnace, i thought it meant EVER.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by haz_uk
they're probably more important than your menial existence ever will be, broseph.

Easy killer, I was just kidding. They did give us the original version of what Gary Jules would eventually turn into the most depressing song ever made.

Wait, you're actually in Tears For Fears, aren't you?
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Last edited by Floyd93 at Aug 3, 2008,