I'm talking about the 15th fret (G) on the high E string. When I bend it up to A, the note goes absolutely dead. It doesn't buzz, it just stops ringing completely. I've had the guitar set up a dozen times, but the problem's never gone away.

Also, big time n00b question, but is it normal for strings to buzz as they get older? How can I fix this problem myself? I've been playing guitar for 5 years now, and I'm tired of my guitar always sounding like crap. Every time I get it set up, it reverts back to the same problem (mainly very poor buzzing on the lower frets. I can't even fret simple D or G chords because of how badly the strings buzz).
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
I was also looking to remedy this situation myself. I play a Carvin DC727 with a fixed bridge (the kind you'd see on a fixed bridge Strat). I'm familiar enough with the guitar that I think I could adjust the action myself.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Why are you bending the high E? Lol. String Buzz could be affected by the age of your strings but I doubt it will that much. How old is the guitar btw? It may not be crafted very well.
RULE BRITANNIA
yeah, you can raise your action yourself (as well as most other setup stuff, with a good tuner you can set the intonation without and trouble too)...

the thing is generally people aspire to have a low action as possible which is where the second option would come into play

its appears you have uneven fret wear somewhere so one fret is sticking out more than the others and choking that string
Why are you bending the high E? Lol.

Huh?

Anyways, the guitar is a Carvin, it's just over a year old. I had it built last year around February, finally got it in May. Maybe it's a lemon, but Carvin's craftsmanship is amazing, and otherwise, I love the guitar.
-Maddox.
Between this

Quote by cobain_is_king
Why are you bending the high E? Lol. String Buzz could be affected by the age of your strings but I doubt it will that much. How old is the guitar btw? It may not be crafted very well.

and this

Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
just restring it

this thread has broken my phail detectors... there's just too much fail going on here, it's over 9000.

It could be a problem with your action, although since it only happens on one fret, I'm inclined to believe that it's the result of uneven frets. Go to your nearest guitar store and ask for a fret job.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
my guitar (Ibanez RG350) also "frets out" around the 15th and higher frets. All you need to do is raise the action. I raised the action on my guitar and it sounds fine.
I always bend this string on this fret and has never happened to me (and I have the crappiest left handed Ibanez out there) so I don't know take it to guitar center and let them tell you.
lol firebreath07 at the dragonball z reference. but you could have your frets dressed as raising the action will affect playability.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by lefthandguitar
I always bend this string on this fret and has never happened to me (and I have the crappiest left handed Ibanez out there) so I don't know take it to guitar center and let them tell you.

I guarantee my crappy left handed Ibanez is crappier than yours!

TS, by the sounds of it, your Carvin seems well built. Probably just something to do with the action. Won't hurt to get it looked at though.
Theres only so low you can go before you can fret out on bent notes with the plain strings. It may not be the frets all the frets on my guitars have been leveled and polished theres just a point where you can only go so low then you gotta raise the action a little. But with a stock lower end guitar the frets wont get any kind of leveling at the factory so uneven frets can be an issue. As for carvin yea there was a time when they made some really really nice guitars. I bought my 1st back in 92 a DC400 what a guitar played like a dream. But my second one a DC150 2 years ago has never played well and needs constant adjustment got tired of fighting with it after a while.