No, I don't know why but there is a reason they make diff. strings, prolly warp the neck
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
^ Ignore that. You can put electric strings on an acoustic and they won't warp the neck. But they won't sound good either.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Sorry, I was trying to help. I have only been playing since May oops.
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
wont make a difference what is is, once the word acoustic is there, electric strings usually dont sound too well
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Yes, but I suggest using a light pick. My acoustic has electrics for now and it sounds alright with a light pick. Just don't go gigging with it :P.
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by racertj5
Sorry, I was trying to help. I have only been playing since May oops.

Don't worry about it. In the future though, you should try to give advice only on things you're sure of.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Prolly wouldnt hurt to try. I imagine it would sound flimsy though.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Electric strings on an acoustic sound tinny and awful. Also, If you do change them, Make sure they are the right gauge. If you have 12's on your acoustic and 9's on your electric, it is gonna screw with the neck. I made that mistake :S
I've almost finished.
Sorry if this is considered hijacking, but what would happen if you do the opposite? Acoustic strings on an electric guitar? Always good to know if you run out of strings.
Fler Ismaskiner!
you might ruin your electric guitar's neck. Acoustic strings have far more tension than electric strings.

Anyway... try not to bump old threads people :P
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.