My Dad plays acoustic occasionally, and knows a few chords to some Pink Floyd songs, and now he wants to play electric.

We are going to the local shop so he can get a good setup.

He really likes Pink Floyd and David Gilmour, so i was thinking a MIM Strat and a Microcube.

Any other suggestions?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
sounds good for a david gilmour sound i guess
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Sounds like he'll be fine with that, although maybe look into a Cube 15, personally I'd rather spend the bit extra and get that than a microcube.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Sounds like he'll be fine with that, although maybe look into a Cube 15, personally I'd rather spend the bit extra and get that than a microcube.

Thats a good idea, cause he would like to be able to play with me
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Hmmm. I'd say the VOX AD15VT (or another wattage) because they are more suited to classic rock. But then again, I've never really tried the Cube, so I'm not sure about it.

And you're from MA too, eh? Whereabouts?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Let him choose...your'e not his dad
If he likes the guitar and amp buy it... but let him try other guitars&amps too and buy what he likes.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by SupremeACL
Hmmm. I'd say the VOX AD15VT (or another wattage) because they are more suited to classic rock. But then again, I've never really tried the Cube, so I'm not sure about it.

And you're from MA too, eh? Whereabouts?

Worcester
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
I have the vox AD30VT and I really like it. You can get a lot of sounds out of it.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
What's your dad's budget? The MIM Strat is really good, and all those amp suggestions will work just fine. However, if we know the budget, we can get even more specific with recommendations.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
If he likes the guitar and amp buy it... but let him try other guitars&amps too and buy what he likes.

I know, he doesnt know anything about electric guitars, i gave him this suggestion, i also told him that he may play a completely different guitar and like it more.

EDIT.

The budget is really up to him, i guess if he wanted to he could go to GC and buy a DSL Stack and a Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

We know... we are merely offering suggestions. No one actually has to take any of us UGers seriously, but sometimes, it proves to be a big help.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
We know... we are merely offering suggestions. No one actually has to take any of us UGers seriously, but sometimes, it proves to be a big help.

Amen
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

That's why i wish i'd have found this site before i went and bought a Spider III

But anyways, all those choices sound good, but if he's not used to playing electric too much, i wouldn't let it be ALL up to him, because when i started.... i bought a Spider III....

I'd say, just go with him, and tell him to try out all the suggestions from this page..... just mostly tell him what NOT to buy, then let him try out stuff, lol.
O O

___