Im considering getting some Seymour Duncan Alnico pro II pickups to put in my Les Paul (neck & bridge). I would mainly be playing classic rock, particularly GNR. and the Les Paul won't really be used for metal, by Ibanez deals with that!

Was just wondering what other people thought of the Alnicos and how they compare to Gibson's Burstbucker Pros.

Thanks
Gibson Les Paul Faded Honeyburst
Ibanez RG1570 - EMG 81/85
Marshall JVM 205c
Marshall MS-4 Microstack
----------------------------
ESP EC-404 Les Paul Bass
Marshall B65
They are expensive (the alnico II pro's) but what pickups do you currently have in your gibson mate?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by pjswhu
Im considering getting some Seymour Duncan Alnico pro II pickups to put in my Les Paul (neck & bridge). I would mainly be playing classic rock, particularly GNR. and the Les Paul won't really be used for metal, by Ibanez deals with that!

Was just wondering what other people thought of the Alnicos and how they compare to Gibson's Burstbucker Pros.

Thanks

Neither, speak to this man and get your money's worth...

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by pjswhu

Thanks

i haven´t tried the burstbuckers but i have alnico IIs in my les paul and it really sounds great. you get a very bluesy tone and very good sustain.
cheers guys. sorry I sould have been clearer... i already have the burstbuckers in my Les Paul. They sound great but I was just wondering how different the alnicos would be.
Gibson Les Paul Faded Honeyburst
Ibanez RG1570 - EMG 81/85
Marshall JVM 205c
Marshall MS-4 Microstack
----------------------------
ESP EC-404 Les Paul Bass
Marshall B65
My standard les paul is currently installed with 2 alnico 2 pros..if u want the slash tone go for it..but IMO..the alnico 2's are great used for song of GNR and classic rock..they don't really have the kick for modern rock if u know what i mean..lol..if ur clearly looking only for that slash GNR tone then alnicos are the best..abit expensive though..
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Standard

American Fender Deluxe 70's Vintage

Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Jim Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Peavey Amp (house)/Marshall MG15dfx (school)
Listen to steven seagull... 10% discount for all UGers too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by steven seagull
Neither, speak to this man and get your money's worth...

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

agreed. or look at swinesheads, bulldogs, or bareknuckles.

Quote by forsaknazrael
The Alnico II Pros are going to sound warmer, and are not going to be as hot.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was very impressed with the Burstbucker Pro's in a Les Paul. More so than the SD Alnico Pro's. While the SD's certainly have that vintage quality, they seemed a bit too warm on the low end and generally ended up muddier than I would have liked. The BP's are hotter and exhibit a bit less low end, but were much more articulate up top. If I were playing the blues a lot, I'd opt for the SD's. If I were playing classic rock a lot, I'd opt for the BP's.

...but of course there's always the option of boutique pickups.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM