So I need suggestions for a new amp please. Anything not above $500 unless it's really worth

Nothing that's 30 watts or above please. Stinks that I can't have this baby cranked for at least 2 minutes without me neighbor knocking at my door with a bat.

Used is an option as well.

Sucks that I have to sell this amp...
Last edited by esp1234 at Aug 3, 2008,
So your looking for a new amp?...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Why do you need to sell it?

Why not keep it in case you need to gig or join a band...or when your neighbour goes out, but get something like a Pocket Pod or Vox Amplug for headphone practicing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
attentuator!!!

assuming it is a tube amp.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Don't sell your amp dude... Are you selling that Peavey? What's the problem? Can't you play it at a lower volume?

EDIT: Oh, bills sucks...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Or how 'bout this....

screw your neighbor! Dude, don't sell a Classic 30 because of some prick next door.

Isn't there only a certain time you can file a noise complaint? I thought it was like after 10:00, or 9, or something like that, but i could be wrong.

EDIT: sorry, didn't read the bills part. I was late.

sorry to hear that man, i guess you could eventually buy it back when you get some more money....
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Aug 3, 2008,
You are going to sell you Classic 30 for what $500? And then turn around and buy something else with a budget of $500?

Do you like the tone or do you also truely want a different sound too?

I guess you could always get something for around $300 like a Blackheart, Epi Valve or Superchamp, maybe something with headphone jack. I would go wash dishes or something somewhere for a month or whatever it takes.

Sorry man,
Quote by esp1234
^
Struggling with bills so...I have to.

boo...that's what did for my Ironbird, although if truth be told I wasn't really playing it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 3, 2008,
If you really like your amp, maybe look for a used Peavey classic 20?

Its worth a shot
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Blackheart Fire Ant and and an EQ pedal would work great. 1 watt all tube, so you can crank it all day without the sound leaving your room.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You are going to sell you Classic 30 for what $500? And then turn around and buy something else with a budget of $500?

Do you like the tone or do you also truely want a different sound too?

I guess you could always get something for around $300 like a Blackheart, Epi Valve or Superchamp, maybe something with headphone jack. I would go wash dishes or something somewhere for a month or whatever it takes.

Sorry man,

Well probably $500. I'm trying to go as low as I can go. I love the tone of my classic 30, but I don't know. I want to try other things as well and see if I like. Blackheart sounds good. I was thinking of the 15watt version.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Blackheart Fire Ant and and an EQ pedal would work great. 1 watt all tube, so you can crank it all day without the sound leaving your room.

What is a Fire Ant? I thought it was Killer Ant

Here's some more on that amp:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=910447&highlight=Little+Ant
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What is a Fire Ant? I thought it was Killer Ant

Here's some more on that amp:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=910447&highlight=Little+Ant

Yeah, Killer Ant. Sorry.

Also, I hear the 15 watt Blackheart gets VERY loud. Like, louder than drums, loud.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
If your gonna sell the amp and then take the majority of that money and put it on another amp, why not keep it and live off ramen for a while
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

well aren't I lucky! blackheart's have gone up $50! LG is now $350...and HD is $450..
a weber attenuator? I love mine...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I don't see that the new amp will help your noise problem that much. A 5 watt valve junior is more than loud enough to annoy neighbours. You may find that moddeler with headphones may be more usefull for solving your noise problem.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
If you really like your amp, maybe look for a used Peavey classic 20?

Its worth a shot

Isn't the Classic 20 worth MORE? Since they're rarer?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
TS, I'm just wondering how this is going to work. As previously stated, even a 5 watt tube amp cranked is more than enough to annoy your neighbors. Also, how much do you think you can get for your amp? You're said you're struggling with bills but you have $500 for a new amp. On ebay, even the newer C30's with the tube guard and JJ's hardly ever go for over $400 (not including shipping).

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not trying to be a jerk. My point is, it might be better for you to keep your amp since you like it. I understand the neighbor thing. I have to live without a cranked amp all the time except for gigs and it sucks, but I'm not sure that getting rid of your amp is your best option.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Hmm that could also be another option. I bought the classic 30 new, which I knew I would regret..now I'm paying the price. But I'd also like to give the blackheart a try. I don't know why, but I just want that amp. It's an uncontrollable urge I have..
I'm confused as to what your plan is. You're going to sell it, pay the bills, then have enough money to buy a $500 amp? You'll probably get $350 for the Classic 30. $400 if it's in perfect shape and you find the right buyer.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^
Sell it, pay bills, then start saving and buy something used or new.
Oh, I see. Well, good luck. If you've learned anything here, it's buy used. You don't lose quite as much money, that way.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
One more thing is, you just mentioned you bought the Classic 30 knowing you would regret it. What does that mean? Tone wise or Cost wise?

I'm just saying it is very versatile and holds value well.

Now if you said you wanted something that could handle Metal better at lower volumes I could understand. Maybe you need to find a hybrid for now that has a headphone jack. Is that more of what you want to do?
I'm just wondering here... you must have a job, obviously. But you want to sell your C30 to pay off some bills... wouldn't having a job pay the bills? Or is it like so bad, you're gonna be evicted or something? If you were to sell your C30 for say, $400-$500ish, that would only go so far in the bill paying world, seeing as bills are quite expensive.

Bah, I'm just rambling. IN any case, any size tube amp can usually annoy the neighbours.
Traynor ycv20 wr? All tube, vintage 30 and a headphone jack.
Not a bad amp at all.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I'm just wondering here... you must have a job, obviously. But you want to sell your C30 to pay off some bills... wouldn't having a job pay the bills? Or is it like so bad, you're gonna be evicted or something? If you were to sell your C30 for say, $400-$500ish, that would only go so far in the bill paying world, seeing as bills are quite expensive.

Bah, I'm just rambling. IN any case, any size tube amp can usually annoy the neighbours.

If I don't pay, the bank's going to take my car. No car, no job. No job, no amp
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
One more thing is, you just mentioned you bought the Classic 30 knowing you would regret it. What does that mean? Tone wise or Cost wise?

cost wise!!
Quote by esp1234
If I don't pay, the bank's going to take my car. No car, no job. No job, no amp

Okay, well at this point, a car seems more important.

So you don't have a job, then?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Okay, well at this point, a car seems more important.

So you don't have a job, then?

He probably has to have a car to go to work.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by umbrellacorp
If your gonna sell the amp and then take the majority of that money and put it on another amp, why not keep it and live off ramen for a while

+1
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣