Page 1 of 10
In this thread we salute the boutique pedals! Boutique pedals have a special place in my heart. Amazing pedals, lovingly crafted and unique down to each pedal. I think many of the smaller companies have done a great job with their image/identity, making not only their sound unique but their presence. Whether its a hand painted ts808 clone or Moogerfooger analog delay, post your for the little guys!

After a few weeks of tweaking around in some smaller shops I decided to order a Red Witch Fuzz God II which I've wanted for a while. I love their descriptions and the wrath feature adds "Wrath - All gods have it and the Lord of the Fuzz is no different - click this only to smite the most brazen of unbelievers. When engaged (by depressing the lightning bolt footswitch) you can dial up all manner of destruction; SubOctave thunder eternally sustained notes squealing high frequency note corruption and a myriad number of other terrifying tones."

Epic

Post pics, ask questions, brag about your army of mismatched minions, or just wait around for the pr0nz.

*Also a little note - please don't turn this into a "whats boutique and what isnt" thread, everyone has their own definition, just try to keep the discussion to the smaller companies*
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I run a Fulltone OCD into my Framus Cobra and Its the best OD pedal I have ever used.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I've always been curious, is the OCD better for adding a bit of gain or just as a signal boost to tighten things up?

I hear greats things but I havn't bit the bullet and bought one yet. I think if I get a new OD I'll have the.spine.surfs make me one. His look awesome
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I have only used it for a Signal boost. Its has 30db of clean gain boost in the volume control. Its killer that way. I run it with the Drive control at about 2 and the Volume at around 7. Its a great boost to a High Gain amp. As far as adding distortion to a clean amp, I havent used it in that application, but im sure It would sound great that way too. I used a TS9, then a Maxon OD808, then a Keely Katana, then the OCD. To my ears it was the best for boosting my Cobra.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Aug 3, 2008,
One more cool thing about it. It can take 9v to 18v power supplys. The higher volt power supply it has, the more drive it can produce. I just use 9 though. 18 was to much for my application.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I've got a Catalinbread Silverkiss MK2. I love the thing, the most versatile OD pedal I've ever heard.

And i don't know if this counts, but i'm planning on building clones of a Zvex Fuzz Factory and Box of Rock. Should be epic!
Ubershall, you are tempting me

Quote by thellamaking
I've got a Catalinbread Silverkiss MK2. I love the thing, the most versatile OD pedal I've ever heard.

And i don't know if this counts, but i'm planning on building clones of a Zvex Fuzz Factory and Box of Rock. Should be epic!

That is one sexy pedal. It's a shame you can only find Catalinbread in southern California, they have quite a few pedals I would like to get my hands on.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I ordered mine from the Internet A lot of people recommended that pedal and after hearing sound clips i had to bite the bullet and order it without trying. I'm so glad i did I wouldn't mind Catalinbread's Tremolo, either.
i would never buy a boutique pedal, but I would make one. Although currently my next build is probably going to be a heavily modded tube screamer.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Heres my VanAmps SoleMate - all analog reverb unit:

The green pedal is a Monsterpiece 2 Headed Monster, made by a member on the HC forums who makes them out of his house, great fuzz, but i'm looking at selling it.

Wasnt cheap (i paid 200, i think they retail for around 300). Its the best reverb pedal ive used, not including the verb on my old Deluxe Reverb.

I also have a swilbox LoveKraft MojoDrive coming in soon.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
No joke, I wanted to make a thread like this last week.

I'm getting a Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus & Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo ...very soon!

aaaaand Vinnie (the.spine.surfs) made me my own custom trem pedal....I love VSC.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
correct me if i'm wrong -- is boutique like handmade? i've seen the term a lot but never really got the meaning
I have an RMC Picture Wah. If you're looking for a vintage clyde mccoy type wah, it's basically the perfect wah.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Anyone have any experience with Copilot FX?

I was looking at their Android ring mod pedal, I really like how simple it is and its fairly cheap. I might have to pick one up when I get some cash from a few projects I'm working on.

the.spine.surfs makes trem pedals too? I thought he just did OD. How is it? I actually might have to make an order.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I have an HBE Germania 44.

It boosts my treble real good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
This thread need moar pics.

All talk and no show right?
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
i tried an OCD not too long ago, really liked it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by igotabcrich32
Heres my VanAmps SoleMate - all analog reverb unit:

The green pedal is a Monsterpiece 2 Headed Monster, made by a member on the HC forums who makes them out of his house, great fuzz, but i'm looking at selling it.

Wasnt cheap (i paid 200, i think they retail for around 300). Its the best reverb pedal ive used, not including the verb on my old Deluxe Reverb.

I also have a swilbox LoveKraft MojoDrive coming in soon.

What amp is that? It's gorgeous. Is that a special made cabinet for it, or did the amp come that way?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Its a Metropoulos JTM45 (boutique Marshall clones).

I bought the amp like that, but the cabinet was originally made by the owner before me.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
It's very nice. I think I know what i want to do for the cabinet when I finally get around to ordering a Ceriatone Overtone Special.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
You should definitely have a go at making one, i'm searching for an old beat up Fender Bandmaster Reverb head right now to make a cabinet for. I'm thinking of doing the whole thing in Koa (even though its really expensive for wood).
I've got a barber direct drive. Nails the fat, harmonically rich OD I've been looking for and it works really well as a boost (which is what i use it for most of the time)
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by thefrigginbob
Ubershall, you are tempting me

That is one sexy pedal. It's a shame you can only find Catalinbread in southern California, they have quite a few pedals I would like to get my hands on.

there is a boutique store in like sanbernadino or something random that carries them. I looked for hours online.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
San Bernardino is like 6 hours away from me. Usually I have to go to north bay area to find the good shops, there are some great ones in San Fransisco but still no Catalinbread to my knowledge.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
San Bernardino is like 6 hours away from me. Usually I have to go to north bay area to find the good shops, there are some great ones in San Fransisco but still no Catalinbread to my knowledge.

AH i thought you said you cant find them in SOCal. order it online! you cant go wrong haha.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by igotabcrich32
Its a Metropoulos JTM45 (boutique Marshall clones).

I bought the amp like that, but the cabinet was originally made by the owner before me.

Boutique Marshalls ftw, although mine is currently having some serious red plating issues, something is wrong with the bias circuit and it is frying my KT66s.

Still, I'd love to get a custom cabinet like that, right now I'm just using the good old small box Marshall tolex cabinet.

The box of rock is a great unit, as is the fulltone OCD.

For guys who like to DIY stuff, BYOC has awesome units too.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by sloppyjoe109

I'm getting a Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus

*shakes fist* I want one of those to replace my Boss, soundclips when you get it?

I have a Maxon OD-9 (whether that is boutique or not, I wouldn't classify it), a Moogerfooger MuRF and and a Diamond Memory Lane.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
^Definitely...and I'm replacing my Boss CH-1 with that also...
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Incubus....sell me your memory lane!
Quote by NeverMeant
I have a Fulltone OCD V.3, a Teese Joe Walsh Signature Wah, and a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz on my board, among a few other non-boutique pedals. All three are great, I'm very happy with my sound at the moment.

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by sloppyjoe109
Incubus....sell me your memory lane!

NEAVAH!!!!!!!**(!!##$*@!

How about you give me the Cosmichorus my good friend?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Ha ha no! No but really, I can't find any used memory lanes :/
Quote by NeverMeant
Quote by sloppyjoe109
Ha ha no! No but really, I can't find any used memory lanes :/

I bought mine new on EBay for $429. There was a used one that was flogged for about 400 bucks last month from what I saw.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
^How do you search for it on ebay? Every time I do, weird stuff comes out...like actual diamonds and like memorabilia ...What do I type?
Quote by NeverMeant
^Searching just in the musical instruments category (or whatever it's called) would be helpful, probably.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
i picked up an HBE big D recently on ebay. I think that qualifies a boutique. Nice pedal.

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by BrainDamage
I have a Fulltone OCD V.3, a Teese Joe Walsh Signature Wah, and a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz on my board, among a few other non-boutique pedals. All three are great, I'm very happy with my sound at the moment.

Wow the wiring on that is amazingly tight.

I can't wait for my fuzz

I want sub0ctave madness now!

I have a client paying me on thursday, any other kind crazy little pedals I should get my hands on? The stranger the better, haha...
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪