Page 1 of 3
I know this topic has come up before, but I did a very quick search and as it came out a while ago I figure it's OK to talk about it. And mods want me to delete it, will do.

Anyway, after hearing Superbad is hilarious and whatever I actually sat down and watched it. And my conclusion?

It was crap.

The first ten minutes or so with Evan and Seth was pretty funny, but as soon as Fogle came in, it went downhill. The 'McLovin' joke got old after about 3 seconds, and the whole middle of the movie was totally pointless. After they finally get the damn party, the idiotic cops show up again... and the ending just plain sucked.

Why the hell are movies always disappointing?
I agree, wearer of Atticus and hater of Mars Refuel Milkshake.
Superbad was a superletdown.
aw, i found it pretty funny
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by filthandfury
Wow Tom, I thought you had taste

I love Superbad.

Haha, I'm sorry. Like I said, the first part was funny and kind of relatable . But the whole middle section just put me to sleep.
It's just supposed to be a stupid feel good teen film about a couple of idiots and a guy called McLovin.

For what it is it's a great film. If you were looking for something deeper then I think you chose unwisely.

I quite like it.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
I liked it. Thought it was pretty funny.
Gear:

Ex-50

Epiphone Les Paul

Marshal MG30DFX
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
It's just supposed to be a stupid feel good teen film about a couple of idiots and a guy called McLovin.

For what it is it's a great film. If you were looking for something deeper then I think you chose unwisely.

I quite like it.

It was kind of what I expected it to be. The obsession with sex and all that crap was great, but the whole farce (sp?) thing going on in the middle was really meh.

Quote by Orbit91
I agree, wearer of Atticus and hater of Mars Refuel Milkshake.
Superbad was a superletdown.

You remembered what I wear! W00t.
Looked crap. Haven't bothered watching it.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
It's one of those movies where it's so stupid it's funny, but then it's so funny it's stupid again.
first hour was funy but it was far too long for a dumb,teen comedy
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
It was hilarious, you need to work on your sense of humor. Either that or you havnt been through highschool yet.
i dug it...... just dont take it seriously. enjoy it for the crap it is!
the scene where the fat kid goes ver the different scenarios in the store is the only part i found really funny, and the first party they go to was ok too, but other than that...
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Tom_hatton
It was kind of what I expected it to be. The obsession with sex and all that crap was great, but the whole farce (sp?) thing going on in the middle was really meh.

You remembered what I wear! W00t.
Well, it would've been boring if they just bought the beer and went to the party.
Quote by blair30
Superbad was a good movie.

Fogle - "I told her what time it was"

That was the best bit.

My favourite line (well, the only one that made me laugh) was "You know chicks always say 'Oh man, I go so drunk, I can't believe I had sex with that guy'. We could be that mistake!"
Quote by Tom_hatton

Yeah the whole cops/mclovin thing was a bit ****. Could have done with some more humour instead of driving round in a police car being gay.

RMF

I thought it was hilarious cause they are sooooo dumb xD
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by yakuza11
It was hilarious, you need to work on your sense of humor. Either that or you havnt been through highschool yet.

I've finished school.

And it's not like I don't like stupid teen movies... Not Another Teen Movie is hilarious as is Eurotrip. But this was just pretty poor IMO.
Far, far better than Napoleon Dynamite, I would say. I couldn't really find anything that was geniunely funny. It was dull...

I liked Superbad. Not one of my favorited comedies, but still very good.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by Quidra
Superbad was dumb and funny.

That's all a comedy movie needs to be! I liked it.

Exactly! You've gotta take these kinds of movies with a grain of salt. It has no purpose but to be stupid and give laughs. It's not really supposed to have an eccentric storyline.
Quote by yakuza11

Or, he's British

It's very American humour, and one thing that annoys me is all those British girls who go around bumming American teen comedy (Friends, American Pie, etc), but for me this is an exception.
Quote by 6atreyu9
apparently, you have no taste. i mean, you like dra.gonforce

Being lectured about taste by someone who likes Atreyu

Pots and Kettles mate.
I too thought it was boring and hugely overrated. I did think McLovin was funny though. And I want to party with him.
Quote by filthandfury
Or, he's British

It's very American humour, and one thing that annoys me is all those British girls who go around bumming American teen comedy (Friends, American Pie, etc), but for me this is an exception.

I watched some American stand-up the other day and I didn't even crack a smile.

I don't like to bash other people's shizz and that, but these two guys were as funny as shovels. Obviously it ain't all bad, but if most American humour is like that...it ain't for me and my British tastes.

Oddly enough I do love Friends and Scrubs though...maybe it was just those guys...

RMF

The movie appealed to me, I share many traits of Evan and Fogell (and McLovin)
(though I don't really enjoy the Seth character)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 3