Hi - I saw a left handed sg copy on craigslist and was thinking about buying it. Before I get it though, how uncomfortable do you think it would be for a right handed player to play a left handed sg?

It looks like a very faithful sg copy. I've never had an SG, but they look pretty symmetrical but not exactly.

Can someone with an sg flip it around and see how it feels to hold it the wrong way?

THANKS!
Feels fine to me. Be aware that the plug is now right by your picking arm, so make sure you have a right angle jack. Your arm might make accidental adjustments to the knobs, but probably not.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Feels fine to me. Be aware that the plug is now right by your picking arm, so make sure you have a right angle jack. Your arm might make accidental adjustments to the knobs, but probably not.

yea, that's the only thing i see
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Thanks a lot guys. This one looks particularly sweet and the price is extremely low.
Probably. But there's actually one certain brand that I want an SG copy from, quite badly, and they almost never show up on ebay and they are not made anymore. So I may settle for this left hander as they are quite symmetrical.
Im a lefty and used to have a righty SG its a royal pain to play upside down. The cable, knobs, and switch are always in the way. Also the backwards angled bridge can be a pain with intonation sometimes.
Darn. I really want this to work. I could possible live with the knobs getting in the way but I'm a freak about intonation.

Couldn't you unscrew the bridge and put it back on the opposite way?
Most hardtail bridges like those on SGs and LPs are angled so that the bass side is toward the stopbar. You'd have to remove the bridge studs, fill, and redrill. Not really worth it.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Yea flipping the bridge wouldnt change anything. It would still be angled the wrong way. Sometimes it isnt an issue with the intonation. Depends on how well the guitar was assembled. If its done well then there will be enough saddle adjustment, if not being a set neck not much could be done short of moving the bridge. The knobs may not be an issue if you do alot of open strumming, but if you do alot of palm muting then you will find the knobs are big pain.