Hello Ug,

I just bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and I am absolutely in love with it. However I need advice for a distortion pedal that will let me achieve heavier sounds than the overdrive on the amp.

Thanks!
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Overdrive sounds look at
Fulltone OCD
Maxon OD808

Full metal sounds look at
Damage Control Solid Metal
Electroharmonix Metal Muff
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
how heavy do you want............if it's metal then a metal muff for sure. or to tighten up the amps distortion you can use a tubescreamer or tube overdrive pedal.
I live the natural distortion of it, but I guess I want something that will make it more versatile from more of a hard rock sound all the way to metal possible in one pedal or two.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
I'm looking for this same kind of thing from my HRD. I haven't had a chance to try out the Jekyll & Hyde, but I've heard that it sounds really good and has the versatility to get both overdriven blues tones and heavier distortion (like Metallica heavy, not much more).

Has anybody used this pedal and can confirm this?
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
if you're looking for an OD pedal, or decide to get one, and you're on a budget... DEFINATELY go for a Bad Monkey... it's not the BEST EVER... but it's definately hard to beat for $50! Trust me.
O O

___
Metal Muff.

I played my Metal Muff through my friend's Hot Rod Deville once.

Metal Muff + Fender Tube Amp on Clean = SEX.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
How about one of those Jeckyl and Hyde pedals? You have the overdrive for when you want to push the amp, then a distortion aswell when you want it heavier. Nice pedals.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Proco Rat with Reutz Mod done to it?
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Yo. I have the same amp, but different (White lightning), and I'm looking for a distortion pedal too. so far all i've tried is Boss md-2 ml-2 and mt-2. I md2 is nice, a bit too much fuzz for what i want. mt2 i think might be a bit thin with my prs se soapbar, but sounds nice with my Invaders. It might help if you describe what type of tone you are going for, or who's tone you like. for me it would be a mix between slash and synyster. closer to synyster. i hate copying, but his tone is the most amazing i've heard. my problem with boss is they all sound muffled, or distant. it helps to get most of your volume from the amp rather than the pedal.

long, but hope it helped.
what