1) I can just about read sheet music, although I don't think I could use it to play from yet. I don't have too much trouble with pitch, and I could tell you what rhythm meant, but to actually translate it, especially syncopated rhythms, is a real problem for me. How much of a limit is this? And if it is, how can I change it?

2) What methods do you use to learn songs? Do you just read the tab or do it all by ear, or a mix of both? I try and take a quick look at the tab to work out whereabouts I'm playing, then listen to the song over and over. Problem is, sometimes (November Rain solo 1) I have no idea how he's playing it, so I use those video lessons.

3) Do you know of any sites that just have the chords and the scales used in songs instead of the note-for-note tabs?
Quote by gabcd86

How much of a limit is this? And if it is, how can I change it?

It's a pretty big limit. That is a really important skill, so time you spend improving on this will really pay dividends for you.

Here are a few tricks I use:

1) If a lick is rhythmically complex, I'll write it out in half time (with 16th's as 8th's, 8th's as 4th's and so on), and learn it that way first before attacking it in regular time.
This works well for all the even-numbered note groupings, 4ths, 8ths, 16ths, and so on. Not so well for odd - playing 5's spread over two beats is just as hard if not harder than playing them over one beat (though that is a good skill to learn too).
2) If something is especially difficult, I'll just the practice rhythm by itself not the notes. For example, I might fret at the 12th position on the 6th string, leave my left hand there, and focus completely on picking out the rhythm with my right hand.
3) I'll use time away from the guitar to get the feel of different rhythms into my head. For example, if I am stuck in rush hour traffic, I will be busy tapping out septuplets on my steering wheel. This has the added benefit of making you think that traffic jams are cool and not minding being stuck in one!