I came down to Virginia to see my dad, because I only see him about once every year. My hair was decently long (5 inch length/bangs, 4 1/2 inches in back). I am hoping to grow it out to be a lot longer. So, my mom wanted me to get my hair cut just short enough so he wouldn't cut it. Now he says his hairdresser will cut it for free and he's making me cut it. Keep in mind I am only staying here for about a month, and he barely sees me.

So, I don't think he has the right to do this, because he barely knows me/sees me. YOur thoughts, Pit?
Say no
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Just tell him that's the way you want your hair to be. Tell him it's not a reason of money but of opinions. You think it looks good on you so you don't want to cut them.

My mother told me so many times to cut my hair, but I don't. And she knows she can't force me.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by dantheguitarist
I came down to Virginia to see my dad, because I only see him about once every year. My hair was decently long (5 inch length/bangs, 4 1/2 inches in back). I am hoping to grow it out to be a lot longer. So, my mom wanted me to get my hair cut just short enough so he wouldn't cut it. Now he says his hairdresser will cut it for free and he's making me cut it. Keep in mind I am only staying here for about a month, and he barely sees me.

So, I don't think he has the right to do this, because he barely knows me/sees me. YOur thoughts, Pit?

Nope, it's not his place to do that to you. No worries...just say no. Kick his ass it keeps coming up haha.
He has no right. No matter how much the distance.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by postmortem2006
I think that - and no offence - your dads being an asshole. tell he doesn't have the right to do it and stand your ground.

Alternartively, get a damn haircut.

this
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Thanks, guys but I'm not going to tell him that people on a guitar forum think it is wrong too. I'll just take your advice even though he'll still not stop being an asshole.
Persevere. I did and was able to grow my hair out (over 10 years of short/shaved hair).
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
say you'll cut it for 100 bucks, then see if he still goes on about it...
Quote by Spike6sic6
Just tell him that's the way you want your hair to be. Tell him it's not a reason of money but of opinions. You think it looks good on you so you don't want to cut them.

My mother told me so many times to cut my hair, but I don't. And she knows she can't force me.

Exactly. My aunts the same way. Whenever i see her she gives me **** about my hair. Saying its out of style and it doesent look good And says I cant go visit her unless I get it cut. Yeah it pisses me off but I ignore her. Ingnore your dad. Its only hair for christs sake tell him there are other things to worry about other than hair.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by dantheguitarist
Thanks, guys but I'm not going to tell him that people on a guitar forum think it is wrong too. I'll just take your advice even though he'll still not stop being an asshole.

1. you asked us for our opinion.

2. i use that argument all the time.. it's guaranteed to change his mind
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
My thoughts after reading that long lil rant-o-balljuice, you will most likely look really really lame like most other guys with long hair.
Just appease your father and get the damn haircut?
Personally I'd much rather just get a simple haircut if it would avoid conflict in the family.
cut your hair you goddamn hippie!
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Tell your father to be a real man and go to a barber. A hairdresser? Come on.

cut your hair you goddamn hippie!

This too.