hello, i'm a little confused about what electric guitar i must buy. i'm a bit newbie because i started 3 months ago and i don't know what each specific part of guitars got to have. For example: i don't know what does the wood in each specific location, will change my way of playing or anything. I don't understand the michrophone stuff in the guitars. ans i also can't understand what will change between a fender and a texas because when you see the guitars they seem almost the same.

please i need help

pd: im left handed
Quote by ocap02
hello, i'm a little confused about what electric guitar i must buy. i'm a bit newbie because i started 3 months ago and i don't know what each specific part of guitars got to have. For example: i don't know what does the wood in each specific location, will change my way of playing or anything. I don't understand the michrophone stuff in the guitars. ans i also can't understand what will change between a fender and a texas because when you see the guitars they seem almost the same.

please i need help

pd: im left handed

Check out a guitar buying guide if you aren't grasping these basic parts of guitars.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Go to the electric guitar forum and check out the stickies. They should have all the information your looking for. Also this thread belongs there as well.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by Darkice
Get a schecter there Amazing ^_^

Most unhelpful and irrelevant post I've seen all day. Congratulations.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

honestly, I would start with a lower end guitar for several months, and then upgrade. Its more important to have an amp that you'll like down the road rather then an awesome guitar. Personally i'd suggest saving a couple hundred and getting an epiphone, and a decent amp like a cube or a vox... and in a few months after doing some research and playing somethings and finding out what you like then spend a lot on the guitar... my two cents
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
honestly, I would start with a lower end guitar for several months, and then upgrade. Its more important to have an amp that you'll like down the road rather then an awesome guitar. Personally i'd suggest saving a couple hundred and getting an epiphone, and a decent amp like a cube or a vox... and in a few months after doing some research and playing somethings and finding out what you like then spend a lot on the guitar... my two cents

what do you think about a yamaha pacific112jl or an SXSST 57? Which one do you think its better?

Thanx all for the replys