Ok, can someone help me out with a problem I am having? My recording sound horrible but I don't know why. Here's my setup, I have a Firestudio Project Interface, a Shure SM57 microphone, and a Peavey Studio Pro 110 (Its not the best amp but i like the clean sounds, for my distorted sounds I use a Peavey 5150) I plug a microphone cable into the interface and then plug my mic into the other end. I then put the mic on a stand in front of my amp and it records the sounds. I use audacity right now as a temporary music software. I mean I think I am using some pretty decent equipment, but I am not getting a very desirable sound. Is it audacity? Do different recording mediums change the sound of your other equipment? If you want to hear what my recordings sound like listen to my most recent track on www.myspace.com/embryonicnightmare. It's called E Minor Improvisation, the other track sounds fine to me but for some reason the recent one sounds like crap even though I havent changed a thing between recording the two tracks. And dont judge my playing by the improvisation please lol it was a 3 take improv
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
About 3 and a half inches away from the amp, but I cant get it any closer due to structural difficulties. I would have to move my amp into a different room to get it any closer. Do you think that is the problem? Thanks for the comment on the improv, I appreciate it.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Alright, I'm no expert on recording, but try moving it away to about a foot, mics are sensitive to what you input and there is a limit to the noise it can capture, when you exceed that limit, you get the crackly sound.
ooooo I thought it was too far away. Thanks a lot man, I'll try it out!
^ Thanks ill watch it