Hi everybody,

I've owned my first guitar for about 3 months now and I'm quite happy with it, mostly I have been learning game themes from gametabs.net and blackbird by the beatles from UG.com. So I wanted to learn a fuller song with some chords and I checked out the tab for Live and Learn by Crush 40. The problem is that the chords are taking up all of the strings, now anyone who can do simple math knows that that is not looking right, surely I'm missing something right?
Nope. Some chords reach across all of the strings. For example, you can play a Dm chord in 2 ways:

-1-
-3-
-0-
-x-
-x-

Or you can play it:

-10-
-10-
-10-
-12-
-12-
-10-

Im not sure of the song in particular though... After looking at the tab, you're just playing barre chords. You just have to get used to playing them. Practice makes poifect
Quote by Zombie20
The problem is that the chords are taking up all of the strings, now anyone who can do simple math knows that that is not looking right, surely I'm missing something right?

what are you talking about?
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
It was probably a barre chord. You rest your index on the fret that begins the chord and use your other fingers for the rest.
Ah I see, thank you very much, barres, my new enemy in guitar playing. Its what has stopped me from playing old man by neil young. Thank all of you for the examples, I'll look up barres here and then start working on the finger strength. Much thanks again.
Quote by nedthehead
Nope. Some chords reach across all of the strings. For example, you can play a Dm chord in 2 ways:

-1-
-3-
-0-
-x-
-x-

Or you can play it:

-10-
-10-
-10-
-12-
-12-
-10-

Im not sure of the song in particular though... After looking at the tab, you're just playing barre chords. You just have to get used to playing them. Practice makes poifect

or

-5-
-6-
-7-
-7-
-5-
-x-
Quote by powerchord117
or
-5-
-6-
-7-
-7-
-5-
-x-

I swear to god I was thinking that! It just didnt come to mind so I gave him the other Dm...