hey everyone.

i didnt think i would end up having to resort to ug for this, but i need your help. I`m going to be playing a showcase next week for something very important. I need to perform an acoustic song and i basically only have the time of one song to blow people away. I`m the only rocker type of guy there so i want to do a song with attitude since i need to sort of 'sell' my image. I need to do something slightly mainstream though if i want to retain peoples attention, so i chose not to play an original, its a little too risky.

i was thinking maybe `all summer long' by Kid Rock or 'broken' by Seether.

i was thinking maybe some more emo-ish type stuff, but alot of that stuff is out of my vocal range.

ì'd like to know your suggestions please.

thanks in advance

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
You could do "This is the End" by Anti-Flag. Really good song, and should translate to acoustic well. Or maybe "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria. Fun, known, pretty hard-rockin song, and not too hard beside the solos, which you can improvise.
Quote by Vin2254
well, Everlong is always a good choice.

Hey, i second that, good idea. +1 to Dave Grohl, sorry vin.
wow nice suggestions guys. Everlong is great, and i thought about it. Dunno if i could make it kick ass though. the way dave sings it live is too mellow for what i need, and i dont think i could sing it like he does when they play it full band. It`s more of a vocal showcase if you want, so i need to keep that in mind. i dont think i could cut it by playing everlong like the acoustic version.

i dont mind songs that have electric parts in it, i always tinker with covers anyways and it just adds a more personal touch. i`ll check the other songs out

keep the suggestions coming!
-chris-
If you can sing iris with some feeling they'll like it.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
ahhh man iris is such a classic! it would be THE perfect choice. that first line from the chorus is ****en high for me though

i think something like iris that everyone knows and that sounds like a movie soundtrack is my best bet... what songs of that type am i not thinking about right now?

-chris-
actually i just downloaded an acoustic version of iris and i could definately pull it off! i`m still torn between that and Broken though.....

doesnt anyone else have another suggestion?

-chris-
id go for broken, easier to sing , and less gay :p.. plus i love that song
or, if u hav a strong low pitch voice, sing for nickelback, maybe rockstar, or far away, thatl get the crowd.. if ur voice is soft, do iris, wud get te crowd also
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory
Gasoline by Seether. Look for acoustic vids on youtube. Totally awesome song.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert