I built a potato gun recently and I have been trying to figure out how make a potato load automaticly and was wondering if anyone could help. I trying to figure out how the mechanics that load the potato are going to work. PM me for the measurements on the gun (you can expect it tomorrow, I haven't written them down yet). I will give credit to anyone whose idea I use.

Last edited by BDR_23 at Aug 3, 2008,
Gravity maybe? Load it from the top and have the chunks slide down into the hole? Or maybe a spring? I'm not very good with these kinds of things, just some ideas.
i made on of those but it was more like a cannon, and i used hair spray and a lighter to make the potato fly...but yeah i don't know
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
buy a Gatling gun and load it with potatos?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Just to flame a bit, if you have to pump it after each shot, then it isn't a semi-automatic weapon. But, anyways...

I'd assume it would be tough to make a self-loading potato cannon, due to the fact that all potatoes are different sizes. You'd have to cut a hole big enough to fit the largest, oddest shaped of potatoes, and then, by doing that, you're potentially ruining a perfectly good potato cannon.

I'd recommend just leaving it as is, because potato cannons are cool sh*t.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Haha, imagine..

A magazine/clip..
FULL OF POTATOES.

I'm not quite sure on what to make of your explanation. But as for getting them to load, you'd need some kind of container with a spring, to feed potatoes. The problem though, is that not all potatoes are the same size.

I don't know.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
build it like a revolver... so that the cylinders rotate. This way you can keep the pressure up with 'o' rings.

.... someone may or may have not made one of these once. and it was wonderful
dude you're thinking crazy. It would take a machine shop and a few grand to make it happen. I'd advise you to grind off the edges of the barrel to make them sharp making inserting the potato easier and getting a broomstick marked where it reaches the edge of the barrel when the potato is at the proper position when inserted. If you cannot fire fast enough assemble a team WW2 style and run practice drills to increase your rate of fire. P.S. Nitromethane is available as fuel (look for R/C car fuel) and makes the best propellant with a stoicometric ratio to atmosphere of 2:1. Use with caution. P.P.S. goddam i'm good
Everyone and their brother will tell you to use a different combustible for propulsion. I find C-4 to be the best but it's hard to come by. Props to MichaelOfCanton... I've used r/c car fuel before sprayed through one of these and it worked wonders.
even if you could get the gun to take the potatoes automatically and make the gun semi-auto, you would have to come up with another way to propell the potato. you would have to keep spraying Hairspray or whatever you're using as fuel into the gun.

But, if you find a way to do, post it, please
Quote by Vikingx
Everyone and their brother will tell you to use a different combustible for propulsion. I find C-4 to be the best but it's hard to come by. Props to MichaelOfCanton... I've used r/c car fuel before sprayed through one of these and it worked wonders.

atually its top fuel dragster fuel mainly P.S. If you've never seen 8000 horsepower launch a car 0 to 100 mph in 0.8 seconds to run a quarter mile in 4.5 seconds at 330 mph go to an NHRA event with top fuel and top fuel funny cars. I guarantee its worth it, whatever the cost.
one other thing. no gravity feed here. you cant launch a whole potato. the projectile has to ride against the surface of the barrel to trap the pressure of the explosion/combustion to work properly. you either need to insert a potato so that it is cut into roughly the size of the barrel or use some contrived sabbot which would be impossible for anybody that only wants to spend what its worth for a potato launcher on a potato launcher. Trust me. I have wasted many hours to gain this wisdom.
yeah, yeah...
but with enough c-4 I could launch a top fuel dragster out of a sewer pipe.
It's all relative.

stop wasting potatos
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"