Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but im in a band with some of my friends.I play lead guitar and my one friend plays rythmn and he is ok but doesnt know a lot of theory and cant tap or play fast.the drummer can keep a pretty good beat and our bassist doesnt even have a bass.the rythmn guitarist is also the singer.they want to play sum 41 and blink 182 while i like metallica,megadeth,steve vai,b.b.king etc.should i leave this band and look for a band that plays the style i like.the reason they want to play sum 41 is cuz its easy to sing and play while i can easily play it and get kinda bored with it.what should i do???
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
dude, find someone else who has likes more like urs (which are awesome, not like gay 41)
when u find those ppl, tell them to form a band then ditch ur bassist without a bass and all those others
if u tell them ur leaving cuz u found a band which likes appeal more, they'll be less mad than if they think ur leaving just because
knocksvil wrote:

Ted Jensen said "I'm not proud to be associated with this one.".. nice one Ted.. now go and jump in the fire
thanks Luisan thats prob wat im gonna do
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P