Page 1 of 2
i dont care whether the band has the best vox or the worst, i need to brush up on my hardcore guitar playing, so if there are any cool bands or songs with neat and different chords, awesome riffs, could u name me some? im looking for somewat technical stuff, but it still has to sound good
some stuff im into; as i lay dying, as blood runs black, ligeia
some stuff i dont want to sound like; protest the hero, between the buried and me.

thanks
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
uhm. this band isn't very complicated with their guitar work but its pretty fast paced and many power chord changes.

Story of the Year.

also try playing some Breakin Ben?

well both of the bands aren't exactly hardcore though. Maybe Stick to Your Guns or Bring Me the Horizon
Quote by HH_Emo_666
uhm. this band isn't very complicated with their guitar work but its pretty fast paced and many power chord changes.

Story of the Year.

well both of the bands aren't exactly hardcore though. Maybe Stick to Your Guns or Bring Me the Horizon

Wow, no.

Try:
Modern Life is War
Life Long Tragedy
Shipwreck
Annihilation Time
Quote by HH_Emo_666

Story of the Year.

i guess maybe some BMTH could be cool. any others? im kinda looking to shred alittle harder than them..

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by Manos15
Wow, no.

Try:
Modern Life is War
Life Long Tragedy
Shipwreck
Annihilation Time

..tho ur local bands or something?
on youtube, none have more than 50K hits.

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
..tho ur local bands or something?
on youtube, none have more than 50K hits.

Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by Manos15
Wow, no.

Try:
Modern Life is War
Life Long Tragedy
Shipwreck
Annihilation Time

well jeez i was just trying to give him some ideas.

Maybe As Blood Runs Black?
Quote by HH_Emo_666
well jeez i was just trying to give him some ideas.

Maybe As Blood Runs Black?

the guy says in his first post he listens to that band for ****s sake
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
i named ABRB in the stuff i want to sound like, and im looking for new stuff. i can already play a few of their songs.
and did i say something wrong? half of them dont even have myspaces.

▼ but he is ▼
Protest the Hero...

hmm

I can't think of anything else.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by itsxsteves
i named ABRB in the stuff i want to sound like, and im looking for new stuff. i can already play a few of their songs.
and did i say something wrong? half of them dont even have myspaces.

pretty sure all of the bands that he posted earlier are pretty big, except for maybe annihilation time
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
zayG can you resize that picture?

maybe its just my retarded version of IE

but its HUGE
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
It's huge and it adds to the effect.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
^^truth,

op, plz look into the bands that manos15 posted. however, if you're looking for some fun to play death/metalcore, id look into the black dahlia murder.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
Quote by HH_Emo_666

Story of the Year.

hahaha its hell funny when people think they can tell the difference between metalcore and hardcore (which is drastic btw)
Shai Hulud and Converge is your best bet. Converge stuff is a little tricky to find good tabs for though, but with some searching you'll find some.
Quote by rdellis
Shai Hulud and Converge is your best bet. Converge stuff is a little tricky to find good tabs for though, but with some searching you'll find some.

Also forgot the fact that its bloody insane to play as well :P
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Quote by itsxsteves
i dont care whether the band has the best vox or the worst, i need to brush up on my hardcore guitar playing, so if there are any cool bands or songs with neat and different chords, awesome riffs, could u name me some? im looking for somewat technical stuff, but it still has to sound good
some stuff im into; as i lay dying, as blood runs black, ligeia

You should probably do yourself a favor and try as hard as you possibly can to not sound like Ligeia (last thing the world needs is another guitarist aping that style). Also, if you haven't heard Annihilation Time, consider re-evaluating your whole life.
symphony in peril!
the miles between!
beneath the sky!
greeley estates!
emmure!
every time i die!
gwen stacy!
bury your dead!
evergreen terrace!
folly!
stick to your guns!

and some real hardcore and pop punk you might like:
madball, outbreak, cruel hand, have heart, a day to remember, dagger mouth, set your goals, with honor, wake up call.
Check out Engineer.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Pulling Teeth. Prepare to have your face straight up riffed off.

EDIT: I just saw a video of PT playing in some basement in Tuscon, and kids with swoop cuts were actually hardcore dancing to ****ing Pulling Teeth. Some people just need to be smacked.
Last edited by mr.joopy987 at Aug 6, 2008,
I think it is safe to say that every rec thread sucks.

also there are maybe like 3 correct converge tabs ha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by 'StoleN'
Check out Engineer.

+1
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
I would send you to the rec thread, but I'd rather not be having this discussion in that thread...
Learn some Human Abstract. Crossing the Rubicon is easy for the most part. Then try some Poison the Well and 7 Angels 7 Plagues.
Quote by aggiefan33
I think Kurt Ballou disagrees. haha

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/converge_the_best_way_to_learn_is_just_start_doing_it.html

"I can say this, though, every Converge tab and Youtube video I’ve seen is completely wrong. "

hah yea that is what i was getting at. but there is def some correct stuff out there. There is a great tab of the saddest day and a great video of some dude playing heaven in her arms
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
hah yea that is what i was getting at. but there is def some correct stuff out there. There is a great tab of the saddest day and a great video of some dude playing heaven in her arms

this one?

Quote by Garden_Of_Light

got into this band the other day. heaviest band.
Last edited by aggiefan33 at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by mr.joopy987
Pulling Teeth. Prepare to have your face straight up riffed off.

EDIT: I just saw a video of PT playing in some basement in Tuscon, and kids with swoop cuts were actually hardcore dancing to ****ing Pulling Teeth. Some people just need to be smacked.

I asked Mike, the vocalist from Pulling Teeth, what he thought about people hardcore dancing while they played and he just said, "As long as they're enjoying themselves."

I agree with the smacking part though, regardless of whether or not joy is being had.
GWEN STACY!!!!!

these guys got some sick guitar riffs but they seem underestimated in the guitar world because they got like 5 tabs on here.

also you could try Gore Gore Gadget by annotations of an autopsy
or
all that remains
Page 1 of 2