this thread relates to the last thread i made about how sam ash can't find my amp.

and as you may know, the Peavey 5150 has been discontinued so if sam ash did in fact "loose" my amp, how much and/or what could i get for it. keep in mind that this was the 120 watt combo, not just the head and it was in quality condition for it being 2nd hand.

so i'm looking for what kind of amp could compare to it and what do you think i could shake out of them.

and if you say anything about an MG or a spider i'm killing your family

cheers!
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
You could TRY for that 333XL. If you give them lots of **** about losing your 5150, they just might give it to you.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
first of all, i'd do mathcocre on sam ash's ass, and then i'd demand a brand new Marshall for like $100, and if they don't threaten SAM ASH to kill their family
I don't like my family...
Nah, just ask for like 300$ more then you paid for it, unless you got an amazing deal, then just ask for a lot more.
Quote by djmay71
first of all, i'd do mathcocre on sam ash's ass, and then i'd demand a brand new Marshall for like $100, and if they don't threaten SAM ASH to kill their family

that's all?
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Quote by AUSTINZOR
that's all?

i think he was kidding lol

i would just walk into the store. take the most expensive guitar in there and bolt

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
i think he was kidding lol

i would just walk into the store. take the most expensive guitar in there and bolt

i thought about that and i think there was a prs in there behind glass for around 4000-ish. but i dont want anything i'm not gonna play.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Quote by AUSTINZOR
i thought about that and i think there was a prs in there behind glass for around 4000-ish. but i dont want anything i'm not gonna play.

Really then, it seems like you're gonna play that 333XL, so ask for that.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Ok, if they "lost" your amp (Sirously wtf, how do you lose a 212 combo....thats like saying I left my car at a repar shop and they lost it) they need to be held responsible. You have all right to take something from them of equal value or higher for the price of that amp when it was new. If they refuse, some ass kicking and family killing needs to take place.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by DrNick
Really then, it seems like you're gonna play that 333XL, so ask for that.

i'm going to. they have until tomorrow to find it or all hell is breaking loose and i'm either getting an 8 string or a 333xl. ..or both
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
I think you should try the new Line 6 Spiders and the Marshall MG's..they are the best bang for your buck!

hahahahaha....just playing man!

in all seriousness,
what i would do, is threatin to go public with your story(like a music magizene or something like that)
then if they ask...well what would it take for you not to do that...you demand a really nioce amp or something you want...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Last edited by bojangleman at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Ok, if they "lost" your amp (Sirously wtf, how do you lose a 212 combo....thats like saying I left my car at a repar shop and they lost it) they need to be held responsible. You have all right to take something from them of equal value or higher for the price of that amp when it was new. If they refuse, some ass kicking and family killing needs to take place.

I missed you other thread. Do you have a repair ticket? Are they acknowledging that they have indeed lost your amp? Are they accepting responsibility?

If that's the case, they yeah, I'd start at the level of a direct replacement, which in this case would be a Peavey 6505. The Bugera's a lot cheaper, right? If that's really the amp you want, you could make it appear as if you're very willing to negotiate and accept one of those.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I missed you other thread. Do you have a repair ticket? Are they acknowledging that they have indeed lost your amp? Are they accepting responsibility?

If that's the case, they yeah, I'd start at the level of a direct replacement, which in this case would be a Peavey 6505. The Bugera's a lot cheaper, right? If that's really the amp you want, you could make it appear as if you're very willing to negotiate and accept one of those.

yes but as your sig says, i really do not have any need for 120 tube watts and i dont need a half stack but i would rather get a 2x12 half stack because of the varieties of cab/head options available. and i know little to nothing about what cabs sound good with what head, to be honest. if somebody could help with that it would be appreciated.

but on the other had, i feel i should use this as an opportunity to show them that i ain't ****tin' around. that's why i'm going to demand at least a 2x12 or if not a 4x12.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Last edited by AUSTINZOR at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by AUSTINZOR
this thread relates to the last thread i made about how sam ash can't find my amp.

and as you may know, the Peavey 5150 has been discontinued so if sam ash did in fact "loose" my amp, how much and/or what could i get for it. keep in mind that this was the 120 watt combo, not just the head and it was in quality condition for it being 2nd hand.

so i'm looking for what kind of amp could compare to it and what do you think i could shake out of them.

and if you say anything about an MG or a spider i'm killing your family

cheers!

since when is the 5150 combo 120 watts?
they have always been 60 watts
never heard of a 120 watt 5150 combo
your amp must of been modded or somthing
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Running around with a pissed off attitude and trying to get more from them than your amp's worth probably won't work out very well for you. I'd go for a 6505 to match your 5150 loss, if they did indeed "lose" your amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Running around with a pissed off attitude and trying to get more from them than your amp's worth probably won't work out very well for you. I'd go for a 6505 to match your 5150 loss, if they did indeed "lose" your amp.

I can't exactly say i'm pissed, being that i havent had an amp to play through for 4 months, ive somewhat accepted the fact. Yet in the back of my head i know that i worked my ass off for that money to buy my amp so i know that i should have an amp because i did actually earn it. I'm not one of those kids who gets everything he/she wants from their parents.

Quote by AndyRevenge
since when is the 5150 combo 120 watts?
they have always been 60 watts
never heard of a 120 watt 5150 combo
your amp must of been modded or somthing

i dont know, i cant find another 120 watt 5150 combo anywhere. i dont think it was modded, it said it on the factory label.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
^Oh, I didn't mean to sound like i though that at all. I would be FURIOUS in your situation. The point I was making was, going there angry in an attempt to get more than the amp's worth probably won't do you much good. Just try to be calm and reasonable with them, and everything will get worked out. Good luck.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^Oh, I didn't mean to sound like i though that at all. I would be FURIOUS in your situation. The point I was making was, going there angry in an attempt to get more than the amp's worth probably won't do you much good. Just try to be calm and reasonable with them, and everything will get worked out. Good luck.

yeah i know, i've been very patient with them so far. i'm going to call again today and see what the hell is taking them so long.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
walk around with a pissed off attitude and threaten to kill every generation that comes out of their mothers and wives wombs. then make rediculous demands while screaming to attract the attention of other customers. eventually you will have a whole crowd watching the exchange. once they grasp what is going on, they will cheer you on and Sam Ash will eventually have to meet your demands. then your story will appear in the local newspaper and people everywhere will know of your demise. Sam Ash will consequently take a hit to its sales and therefore, smaller family owned guitar stores in your areas will begin to profit so you will be know among them as the savior. these small stores will begin offering you contracts and make you their posterboy. then you will eventually climb up the ladders of stardom and reach superstar status. and when you get there, remember the person who gave you the brilliant advice in the first place. me. either that or Sam Ash will call the cops on you for making a scene and you will be taken to the police station and in which case i assume no responsibility.

all the best!
Quote by AUSTINZOR

i dont know, i cant find another 120 watt 5150 combo anywhere. i dont think it was modded, it said it on the factory label.

cause they only made the 5150 heads 120 watts and the 5150 II heads 120 watts.
the 5150 combos were released as 60watts combos.

how many power tubes do you have in that amp?
im just curious.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
cause they only made the 5150 heads 120 watts and the 5150 II heads 120 watts.
the 5150 combos were released as 60watts combos.

how many power tubes do you have in that amp?
im just curious.

2 power tubes, i cant remember off hand how many pre tubes.

so i have good news and bad news.

I GOT MY AMP BACK

the bad news is the same as the good news
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Well, congrats on the return of your 60W amp.

Is it fixed at least?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Well, congrats on the return of your 60W amp.

Is it fixed at least?

i can assure you it's not 60 watts, and yes its fixed

pics in a bit, if i can
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
If it has only two power tubes, it's 60W.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's most certainly 60 watts, friend.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
if you say so, last i checked it was labeled as 120 watts.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
That might be the power it draws. I have a little amp sitting here on a table that says it's 35W when it's really less than 5W.

Two 6L6GC tubes, right? That's a 60W output section.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^I'd be willing to bet that's the case.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^I'd be willing to bet that's the case.

That is the case, i checked it today.

i feel kinda dumb now.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Quote by AUSTINZOR

i feel kinda dumb now.

Just be glad you got your amp back. Congrats.
Quote by AUSTINZOR

i feel kinda dumb now.

It's an easy mistake to make. I used to swear up and down that I had a big SS amp that was 210 watts, when it was probably closer to 100.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by AUSTINZOR
2 power tubes, i cant remember off hand how many pre tubes.

so i have good news and bad news.

I GOT MY AMP BACK

the bad news is the same as the good news

the stock 5150 combos are 60watt 2 power tubes

thats awsome that you got your amp back man

why is that bad news? haha
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
the stock 5150 combos are 60watt 2 power tubes

thats awsome that you got your amp back man

why is that bad news? haha

well its not terrible news but it just means i cant get a 333xl for free
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
sorry for the double post but, quick question- on the back of the amp it says 60hz 200watts. what's all that aboot?
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
thats the input wattage if its written on the bak and lol maybey you should get a spider 3 or a marshall mg trade in for you 5150?? lmao jk!! i have a 50 watt mg combo it sucks balls
my stuff
samick malibu mb3
Ibanez gax 30 2003 (duncan hb103's instaled) (sold)
digitech rp-80 pedal
marshall mg 50 dfx
boss metal core pedal
(new additions) blsack fender american strat
and white Ibanez 350 DX