I just got the boss rc-20xl and need help. What im trying to do is make a loop of clean guitar to the intro to "fade to black" and then kick the distortion on to practice the first solo over it. My problem is that when I make the clean loop and then hit my channel switch for distortion, my loop station then starts playing my clean loop with distortion! How do I keep the clean loop clean and then practice my solo with distortion over the top of the clean loop?
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
i think you need to put it in the fx loop

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You either have to have it plugged into an FX loop or use a separate pedal for the distortion.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by cokeisbetter
Put your distortion pedal before the looper in your effects chain. Guitar > distortion > looper> amp.

Thats assuming he has a pedal to use, in his description, he's making out that he's switching amp channels.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Yes I have a 6505 and Im just hitting the foot pedal to swith channels on the amp. Thanx for the replies!
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
put the pedal in the fx loop
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
FX loop ftw, this should solve your issue, and it'll work out better down the line I assume for any other type of loop work you might use in the future.
Thanx guys