I saw a video on Youtube where this guy (using an urban camo ESP JH-600/200 guitar that was damned sexy!) did two harmonics (artificial?) and used his whammy bar to make one sound like it was going up in tone and the other went down. I've never done this before (can't say I tried or even thought about it before then), and would like to know what it's informally called and how it's done.

Second: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZBnZexM6E
At 2:52, Kirk does this unique solo style that I've heard used a bit elsewhere that I absolutely love! I've had a few ideas related to it that I tried that didn't work so well... anyone knows, I'd much appreciate it.

(that is one hell of an awesome Maiden cover, too!)
Jackson SL1 Soloist / Seymour Duncan Pickups
Shitty Zoom G1 "Effects Pedal"
Shitty Esteban Acoustic Guitar Amp

(hey, makes ends meet until I get more cash. The SL1 was a gift, the other stuff I bought myself, amp before, Zoom after)
1. He probably bent one of the harmonics up with his left hand.

2. He is pulling off to an open string. Same thing as in the song Blackened, at around 5:20 into it.
Last edited by beadhangingOne at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by beadhangingOne
1. He probably bent one of the harmonics up with his left hand.

2. He is pulling off to an open string.

1. It seemed like his hand completely left the strings... I was actually looking for pinch harmonics, I think. Artifical? I dunno.
2. It doesn't sound like that. I can do that and it's nothing like that.
Jackson SL1 Soloist / Seymour Duncan Pickups
Shitty Zoom G1 "Effects Pedal"
Shitty Esteban Acoustic Guitar Amp

(hey, makes ends meet until I get more cash. The SL1 was a gift, the other stuff I bought myself, amp before, Zoom after)