Right Now I own an Epiphone SG-310 with 81/85 combo which i put in myself, but i was skimming through a GW magazine today and i stumbled across another epiphonehttp://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EM2-CustomFX-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515613 and I was wondering if it was worth giving up my SG for thei EM-2
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
As a trade? Or do you have to pay extra for it?

I can't see that it would be too much of an upgrade if you had to pay. I say try one out, and see how well that FR keeps in tune.

Although it does have an original FR.
I was going to trade it in and then pay for the rest, becasue even though the nut is broken, and the store is the once who put a ****ty one in (Long and Mcquade), I always wanted to try a floyd rose, and now I can without actually jepordizing, my sound without digging a bigger whole in my wallet.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
recessed?? Meaning they can't pull up, I just want something different or if anything I can always go for the SG Prophecy, but the EM - 2 is the one thats caught my eye. Any more suggestions?
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
recessed?? Meaning they can't pull up, I just want something different or if anything I can always go for the SG Prophecy, but the EM - 2 is the one thats caught my eye. Any more suggestions?

Yes, the bridge lies flat against the body. It's not floating.

If you want EMG's and a solid FR, I'd go for a Jackson, there's a super strat style with EMG's and a Jackson LFR (almost as good as an OFR) but that's about twice what this guitar is price-wise.

Seriously, I don't mean to bum you out or anything, but you're going to have to save up to get something nice. Like $700 will buy you what you're looking for. If you don't want a FR, look at the Schecter hardtail hellraisers, which run for about $700 I think. The Floyded one's run about $850.
What about My SG what i jsut swapped the my 310 for the prophecy one, because like a coupel weeks after I bought it i felt like i got burned, because the 310 is different than the 400, by the feel of the neck, and I feel it everyday and its hell annoying.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
What about My SG what i jsut swapped the my 310 for the prophecy one, because like a coupel weeks after I bought it i felt like i got burned, because the 310 is different than the 400, by the feel of the neck, and I feel it everyday and its hell annoying.

That would be good, but you won't get a floyd then. If you don't NEED a floyd, you'll generally be able to get the same quality of a guitar without a floyd as one with a floyd, but the OFR is going to add ATLEAST $100 on to the price. Hardtail guitars are so much cheaper.