Page 1 of 2
I just read a quote by Mark Twain and for some reason i was just wowed by it

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.

Any one else got some good quotes?
The Pit has threads about quotes from every imaginable medium. Next time, please use the searchbar
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
"It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong"

~Voltaire
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
This is from my facebook.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." - Jesus Christ

"Music is the silence between the notes" - Claude Debussy

"If it's really true that the museum at Liberty University has dinosaur fossils which are labelled as being 3000 years old, then that is an educational disgrace. It is debauching the whole idea of a university, and I would strongly encourage any members of Liberty University who may be here to leave and go to a proper university." - Richard Dawkins

"Today the theory of evolution is about as much open to doubt as the theory that the earth goes round the sun." - Richard Dawkins

"'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them." - Galileo Galilei

"Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it." - Albert Einstein

"Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity." - Albert Einstein

"Kenny, face it. Girls don't want to eat pop tarts for dinner every night when they get married." - Eric Cartman
*ahem*

Why So Serious? -The Joker

Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push. -The Joker

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. -The Joker

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get. -Forest Gump

Sometimes there just arent enough rocks. -Forest Gump

Lol, wut? -The Internet

i have more... i've just forgotten them.
For guitarists:

(right hand)

"Your left hand is what you know, your right hand is who you are"
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
"the death of one man is a tragedy the death of a million is a statistic" and for the rest check my sig
"Kids in the backseat cause accidents, accidents in the back cause kids."

"Secrets are like herpes, if you have 'em you might as well spread 'em."
Quote by The Madcap
"Music is the silence between the notes" - Claude Debussy

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this one. could someone possible explain it if they can

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
"May your life be like toilet paper, LONG AND USEFUL"
"Think Rich, Look Poor"
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our problems"
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not - Kurt Cobain
"We play bone-crunching, mayhem funk" - Flea
"I'm in the Right Place at the Wrong Time" -Jack White III
"You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"
"F**k off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler Durden of Fight Club

i have many more
Quote by sloppyjoe24
I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this one. could someone possible explain it if they can

Music =/= having 30 notes every second, lots of really good music is very simple and has lots of space in between each note, I assume that's what it means.
rawr
"Search"
-bar

someone said that last time one of these threads came up...I laughed constantly
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
"The future is unwritten." - Joe Strummer

"Life ends so fast, so take your chance
And make it last" - 'Pull the Plug' by Death

"We are blind to the worlds within us,
waiting to be born" - 'Blinded by Fear' by At The Gates

"One good thing about music, When it hits, you feel no pain" - 'Trenchtown Rock' by Bob Marley & The Wailers

"Well, here's how I see it: There is a brief scene in 'Saving Private Ryan', during the opening sequence on the Normandy Beach, where just for a few seconds the camera moves to a viewpoint of a German machine-gunner - looking over his machine-gun sights down onto the beach - who is laying waste to countless U.S. soldiers as the doors open up to their boats and they are all just helpless and vulnerable, in the water and struggling onto the beach, exposed to devastating machine gunfire - and from this vantage point, one can not help but get the feeling, if only for a moment, of what it must feel like to be that machine gunner, with so many helpless targets right in your sights to mow down at will. Of course, for that machine-gunner, you also feel that, however awesome it must be for those priceless few moments of godly slaughter, it will inevitably be short-lived, because he is soon to be roasted alive in his bunker as soon as Tom Hanks and friends make it up the hill. But for those few moments of unimpeded opportunity to mow down wave after wave of helpless targets, it had to be utterly godly."

-Karl Sanders

"It's like a four-finger diminished thingy" - Karl Sanders
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
"The downfall of society has already begun. When we started caring about other peoples feelings way beyond what we should. PC......don't give me that bull, if you are allowed to wear a religious clothing item like a turban or burka or yam aka or cross, but you get offended when I display mine?..........It's not a one-way street Jack. If I have to tolerate you then you are damned well going to tolerate me."
-Me (i had to write a speech about how not to offend people and I got really pissed)

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

"Give an ounce of sweat, save a gallon of blood."
-General George S. Patton

"I'll know its time when its time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."
-Hendrix
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Greatest quote of all-time is in my signature.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
"if anyone asks you what time it is, tell them now. it's the only one that matters" -josh homme

i've always found it to be deep.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
'Faith is believin' something you know aint true'
-Mark Twain.

“Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature”
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Aug 4, 2008,
"Its better to live one year as a lion than 1000 years as a lamb."
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
who said that?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason if we dig deep in our history and doctrine and remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were, for the moment, unpopular. We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of the Republic to abdicate his responsibility."-Edward R. Murrow

"Men must attempt to develop in themselves and their children liberation from the sense of self ...men must be free from boundaries, patterns and consistencies in order to be free to think, feel and create in new ways"
-Luke Rhinehart

"Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
-Bertrand Russell

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence."
-Henrik Tikkanen

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Murphey's Laws

-The repairman has never seen a model quite like yours

-Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure. great discoveries are made by mistake.

-Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.

-The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlights of an oncoming train

-When presented to the repairman the appliance works.

-Beauty is only skin deep.......but ugly is to the bone
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by The Madcap

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." - Jesus Christ

Quote from Orson Scott Card

A great rabbi stands teaching in the marketplace. It happens that a husband finds proof that morning of his wife's adultery, and a mob carries her to the marketplace to stone her to death. (There is a familiar version of this story, but a friend of mine, a Speaker for the Dead, has told me of two other rabbis that faced the same situation. Those are the ones I'm going to tell you.)

The rabbi walks forward and stands beside the woman. Out of respect for him the mob forbears, and waits with the stones heavy in their hands, "Is there anyone here," he says to them, "who has not desired another man's wife, another woman's husband?"

They murmur and say, "We all know the desire. But, Rabbi, none of us has acted on it."

The rabbi says, "Then kneel down and give thanks that God made you strong." He takes the woman by the hand and leads her out of the market. Just before he lets her go, he whispers to her, "Tell the lord magistrate who saved his mistress. Then he'll know I am his loyal servant."

So the woman lives, because the community is too corrupt to protect itself from disorder.

Another rabbi, another city, He goes to her and stops the mob, as in the other story, and says, "Which of you is without sin? Let him cast the first stone."

The people are abashed, and they forget their unity of purpose in the memory of their own individual sins. Someday, they think, I may be like this woman, and I'll hope for forgiveness and another chance. I should treat her the way I wish to be treated.

As they open their hands and let the stones fall to the ground, the rabbi picks up one of the fallen stones, lifts it high over the woman's head, and throws it straight down with all his might. It crushes her skull and dashes her brains onto the cobblestones.

"Nor am I without sin," he says to the people. "But if we allow only perfect people to enforce the law, the law will soon be dead, and our city with it."

So the woman died because her community was too rigid to endure her deviance.

The famous version of this story is noteworthy because it is so startlingly rare in our experience. Most communities lurch between decay and rigor mortis, and when they veer too far, they die. Only one rabbi dared to expect of us such a perfect balance that we could preserve the law and still forgive the deviation. So, of course, we killed him.
Quote by I Am Jack!
Music =/= having 30 notes every second, lots of really good music is very simple and has lots of space in between each note, I assume that's what it means.

as much as i agree with this statement, i'd like to think more so that it means the emotion behind the creation of the song is far more important than the notes played themselves.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by CloserToTheSun
Quote from Orson Scott Card

And yet another

"A man and his companions in a sinking boat surrounded by sharks. The man has a gun. His companions tell him to shoot the sharks because when he's in the water he can't use his rifle. The man says no, the sharks have done nothing to provoke me to kill them" - Virlomi

"A man and his companions are in a sinkning boat surrounded by dolphins. The man shoots all the dolphins. His companions ask him why he shot the dolphins. He says one was a shark in disguise. Which was the shark ask his companions? I don't know, it was in disguise. The boat sinks and sharks are attracted by the blood and eat the men" - Thorn
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

From Churchill.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

"I hate this (i.t.c. music) industry. It's so ****ing horrible, it makes me sick."
and
I'm an animal lover, which is why I wore my favorite kittie shirt to show those idiots that I love animals"

~ Chuck Schuldiner

"It's just music, honestly. If you can say you enjoy everything from brutal death metal to ambient drone, then good for you, but if you can't and you get on people's backs for it, shame on you"

~ Steven Wilson
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
"The search for truth and knowledge is one of the finest attributes of a man, though often it is most loudly voiced by those who strive for it the least."
- Albert Einstein

"I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least. And by these standards, we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."
- Stephen T. Colbert
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Here's a few:
Quote by Marcus Aurelius
I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than on the opinions of others.

Quote by Marcus Aurelius
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote by Yoda
Do or do not... there is no try.

...and some fun ones by Mikael Akertfeldt
Quote by Mikael Akerfeldt
What? You want my guitar? .. ok here ya go *makes gesture to throw into croud* .. Haha. This is like my second wife, you don't wanna know what I do with this.

This next song we are gonna play (White Cluster), I hope you like it. If you don't like it, you're fucking retarded

When I was younger I used to do this (hunches over and pulls out dual devilhorns \m/ O \m/ ) and take pictures of myself. If you do it, don't show it to your friends or girlfriend. They'll think your fucking weird
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Don't forget

Now time for the lead singer.

Guitarist.

Songwriter.

And, overall, sexy beast.

Bubba Smith

To: R_I_P.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Don't forget

To: R_I_P.

check ur profile pms.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Time to copy my facebook:

"And In The End, The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make" - Lennon/McCartney

"When All Else Fails, We Can Whip The Horse's Eyes' And Make Them Sleep, And Cry" - Jim Morrison

"All Things Must Pass" - George Harrison

"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot” - John Lennon

"I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" -Jim Morrison

"After All, It's Not Easy Banging Your Head Against Some Mad Bugger's Wall" - Roger Waters

"It's Awfully Considerate of You To Think of Me Here, And I'm Most Obliged To You For Making It Clear That I'm Not Here" - Syd Barrett

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” - Kurt Cobain

-Mostly from songs, but, they touch me the most.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff. -- Mariah Carey

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever. --Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana...The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are. --Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law. --David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life. --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body. --Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Beginning in February 1976, your assistance benefits will be discontinued...Reason: it has been reported to our office that you expired on January 1, 1976. --Letter from the Illinois Department of Public Aid

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history...this century's history...We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century. --Dan Quayle, then Indiana senator and Republican vice-presidential candidate during a news conference in which he was asked his opinion on the Holocaust

Rotarians, be patriotic! Learn to shoot yourself. --Chicago Rotary Club journal, "Gyrator"

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe. --Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly underpolluted. --Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we should export toxic wastes to Third World Countries

After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post. --Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island

The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing. --Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series
sup?
I did not have sexual relations with that woman,Mrs Zilansky!-Bill Clinton
The Hell Billy Rockers, yeah thats right, shameless promotion.
"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"
Tyler Durden

"what is real? how do you define real? If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain"
Morpheus

"dont think you are. know you are"
Morpheus

when asked if having long hair makes one a hippy/woman/something,
"you have a wooden leg. does that make you a table?"
Frank Zappa
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Quote by Hellish_Wolf

Actually it's "It's better to live one day as a lion than a thousand years as a lamb."
"HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!"

-man having heart attack
Page 1 of 2