Hiya all.

Well, I decided to start learning guitar, and besides minor bleeding from my pinky and horrible soreness, I'm making pretty decent progress.

My problem is, I'm mostly a metal/hard rock kinda guy, so the guitar I currently have isn't cutting it.
I'm using an Arie Diamond Hollow Body, which doesn't make for very good metal. I have a decent amp and all that good stuff.

So, I need a new guitar, preferably on the cheap. I can get up to about $200 right now for a new one, or would you suggest I wait to get a better quality?

I'm currently looking at this guitar, Squier Bullet as its pretty cheap, and would allow me to either mod it out, or save up for a better amp...?

Thanks!
Last edited by polartch at Aug 3, 2008,
The Squire wont do it for metal. Try looking at inbanez's
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
I think that the Squier Bullet is a good choice. A better choice would be an SG G-400. On the link below is a great SG G-400 guitar for sale (it's not mine, but I bought one from ebay just like this one) It is an awesome guitar with awesome sound and I love it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-SPIRIT-SERIES-SG-ELEC-GUITAR-CHERRY-FINISH_W0QQitemZ120289927728QQihZ002QQcategoryZ47073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gear
SG G-400
Vinci
Archer
Fender Stratocaster
Gear
Custom Guitar Straps
Vox Valvetronix Amp
Last edited by Pyro Punk1 at Aug 3, 2008,
what guitar and amp do you have now?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Right now I'm using an Arie Diamon Hollow Body, if that means anything to ya.

My amp is ancient, but it can crank it out, and plus, its F'ing loud.