I just want to record my self singing, and guitar parts.

what exactly would i need to do that?

I already have a computer so thats taken care of, i was thinking like a line6 tone port, a condenser mic ,and w.e softwear came w. the tone port...is that all i would need?
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Mmm. It won't take much.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Fast-Track-USB-Computer-Recording-Interface?sku=703606

That ones pretty affordable. But you need a decent program, you can get a demo of like sound forge 9.0. Its not super great, but it works.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Mbox-2-Mini-?sku=700498

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Mbox-2-Micro?sku=242044

Just start looking into things.
al i use is garage band(mac) and a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter for my patch chord. i also run a compressor which odly seems to boost the sound level which is good and multi FX but and plug the guitar into the audio in 1/8 inch jack.

i don't run any amplifier

the jam on my profile althouhg not that great will give you an idea of recording quality this way mind you it is done on a epiphone specail 2 with problems
He's talking about the instrument cable.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
I'm guessing you want to record the Valveking. All you need is a preamp, like the Fasttrack above, a microphone (Shure SM57, and maybe a $100 condenser for voice if you can afford it...sometimes it can be used for guitar for good bright results), an XLR-XLR cable, mike stand, free software like KRISTAL (arrange) or Audacity (master the audio) and perhaps some monitors or headphones to make sure your mix is semi decent.

$240 + headphones or monitors, these can be $100 or so, and you're good to go.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I use a really, really patchworked system, but it works. I program my drums in Hydrogen, and then record bass, guitar and vocals (in that order) in GoldWave. I then import the separate WAV files into Audacity.

I mic the guitar amp with an old RadioShack 33-3044 super-cardiod dynamic mic. The bass is run through whichever pedals I'm using at the time, straight into the PC. Vocals are done much the same - no muss, no fuss.

It's a cheap system, but it works fairly well if you've got some patience.

alrite thanks for all the help, i went out and got my self a line6 tone port, it came w. gear box and ableton so im gonna mess around w. that.

BTW any body know if i can use my tone port through my computer speakers?
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn