So today I bought a carton of delicious marlboro 27s, and it cost me 45 dollars. I've been smoking for a few years now, and every morning when i wake up i can hardly breathe. Also, as a 16 year old, i'm screwing up my future quite a bit. To top that all off, I have asthma. I've been wanting to quit, but I don't have the willpower; I need something else, a better habit.

I turn to the pit, the only people i trust with my life.
Do something else whenever you feel the need to light one up; chew gum, or something.

Addictions are hard to beat, and nicotine's as addictive as heroin.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
the patch helps, if you dont mind having nightmares and ****.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Google image lung cancer

but make sure to take off safe search
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by codenameduby
Come on up to Canada, we have free health care so its ok.

Don't rub it in
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
damn dude 27's are sooo good when yr rolling b.alls!!!!
you should try it sometime
Quote by codenameduby

FVCK YEA
i always wanted to move to canada
free healthcare+leagal weed=good life

on topic:try picking up a healthier addiction
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
hire me to follow you around all day. if you think of lighting up, i'll slap you with a large black dildo.

actually though, find something else to do every time you get the urge. i'm not exactly sure, seeing as i'm 16 and don't smoke, but everyone i've talked to has said that distraction is key or something like that.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
All I can say is find something else to do when you get a craving for a cig.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
1) carry around chewing gum or lollipops, something that you can have everytime you feel like having a smoke.

2) don't carry a lighter, cigarettes, or any money except for what you really need.

3) when you're at home, every time you want a smoke play the guitar. if you want one when you're playing the guitar, do some pushups. (make sure you pick a difficult song to learn, something that will take lots of practice, so you can go back to it each time)

4) if that doesn't (eventually work) you have 2 options. one is to buy the harshest smokes you can, cut out the filters, and when you want a smoke, have 5 of them, one after the other. the other option is to buy a pack and eat the entire thing...apparently you will be sick for a week, but you'll never want to smoke again
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by pistols
1) carry around chewing gum or lollipops, something that you can have everytime you feel like having a smoke.

2) don't carry a lighter, cigarettes, or any money except for what you really need.

3) when you're at home, every time you want a smoke play the guitar. if you want one when you're playing the guitar, do some pushups. (make sure you pick a difficult song to learn, something that will take lots of practice, so you can go back to it each time)

4) if that doesn't (eventually work) you have 2 options. one is to buy the harshest smokes you can, cut out the filters, and when you want a smoke, have 5 of them, one after the other. the other option is to buy a pack and eat the entire thing...apparently you will be sick for a week, but you'll never want to smoke again

That last option is win.

But i suggestion to wean yourself off. Start with.. i dunno, the average amount of smokes you hit everyday for a week. Say... 10 or so(or however many) Then the next week move down one cig per day. So for a week, you get nine a day, until you get one smoke a day for a week. Then cut it off. And when you get about midway, start to combine the ideas from the guy I quoted.

Full proof.

EDIT: Okay, i lied. Not full proof. You need will power. I know, you said you had very little, but until you find some, it's not going to be a very high chance of you achieving. All this will just help, but unless you WANT to stop, you're not going to. If you want to stop, you gotta have endurance. But mostly, you gotta find something that fits for you. Say you REALLY like to drink coffee, instead of getting a cig, make a pot. Maybe that will help. But that's just what I would do, i love coffee. But you need to find something that will really work. It'll help out a **** load, bro.

Seriously, good luck. I admire and respect anybody who stops smoking. And hell, you got my respect for even trying it.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Last edited by Pedalboard at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by codenameduby

It's not ok thats why it's illigal to advertise ciggies in Canada. Less smokers mean less money spent on lung caner patients (who got it from smoking).
Whenever somebody wants to quit smoking i always suggest to buy only 27's because they're godawful.

But apparently that won't work for you. A better plan is to ONLY buy Virginia Slims Ultra Light Menthol 100's. That way whenever you want to smoke, you won't be able to because you'll just be inhaling air. And when you want to smoke around people, you just won't because you don't want to look like a grandmaw.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Don't buy cartons if you want to really stop. Having 200 cigarettes at hand isn't going to help the temptation.
Man, I'm quitting smoking right now, agaaaaiiin. I don't know why I started again cause i was off for months, but the point is, you can quit so easily if you just convince yourself that you want to. It makes you feel bad, teeth bad, skin bad breath etc. do it
keep going, you'll stop eventually.

When you die.
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Smoke like 5 or 10 cigarettes at the SAME time, and you will cough so bad, and puke. You'll never smoke again. I think similar has been suggested.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
Quote by mclies
Smoke like 5 or 10 cigarettes at the SAME time, and you will cough so bad, and puke. You'll never smoke again. I think similar has been suggested.

Depends on the person and whether they can suffer a nicotine overdose and have a good throat. It wouldn't work for me, back when I rolled I could go through a pack an hour.
I don't know why but I once smoked 3g of bad weed (not by myself) and I haven't smoked anything since
Here is some motivation. My grandfather is a heavy smoker. I really, really want him to stop because he is the only person in my family I can talk to. He has had 3 open heart surgeries and will need another if he keeps it up. Should he get a 4th, his doctor said he might not survive but if he stops smoking soon he won't need it. My grandfather says its impossible to stop smoking and doesn't believe anyone can do it.

Quit so that I can show him this thread and show him people can quit smoking.

Really lame motivation but still.....
Cold turkey worked for me. Also, the realization that you will never again get the same kind of head rush as you did when you first started smoking, Im pretty sure 2 years in you can barely feel anything anymore when you smoke.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by garden of grey
Depends on the person and whether they can suffer a nicotine overdose and have a good throat. It wouldn't work for me, back when I rolled I could go through a pack an hour.

Wow. I've never tried it, but apparently it worked for my health teachers uncle.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.