I'm trying to save up for an amp. which one is better?
Crate V series.
Peavey classic 30.
The v series same budget as classic 30. I play christian, classic rock, no metal.
i have a g-400 sg.
Also, if i buy the classic 30, should i buy the head? does the head make sounds by it self or does it need a cabinet?
If you buy a classic 30 head, you'll need to buy the cabinet. Your best choice is to go with the combo version.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Chyeah right. I personally like the Palominos much better than the Classic series. Especially the MIA ones.

To Each their own

The only thing you can really do is try em... see which you like better... Becuase those are damn good amps.
Quote by esp1234
If you buy a classic 30 head, you'll need to buy the cabinet. Your best choice is to go with the combo version.

so the head can't make sound by it self?
Quote by the wise wizard
i would say for a crate v series or a fender blues junior

i was looking at the blues junior, but i need more distortion than that!
Quote by hatooku
so the head can't make sound by it self?

Mmmm...much to learn you have, young padawan.

Heads are just the amp portion. The reason they're so short is because there's no speaker. Heads must connect to a speaker cabinet in order to make sound.

Oh, and don't ever turn a head on without a speaker cabinet connected. Things can start burning and smoking.
Quote by carpepax
Mmmm...much to learn you have, young padawan.

Heads are just the amp portion. The reason they're so short is because there's no speaker. Heads must connect to a speaker cabinet in order to make sound.

Oh, and don't ever turn a head on without a speaker cabinet connected. Things can start burning and smoking.

thx
Classic 30, i've heard ALOT of good things about it, and it would go well with your style.

Get the combo.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Which is better? The Classic 30 gets rec'd here a lot, and not just because people own them. I personally liked the cleans on the V series better, almost as much as the Blues Jr. (With better gain). The Classic 30's are made in the USA. The Crate V series is made overseas, not that that's bad - some people prefer US made. Try them both, a used C30 sells for about what a new V33 goes for. V18's are dirt cheap at SamAsh right now. $230...