ok me and my friend are trying to think of a good song to cover for our school talent show

we are both skilled to play advanced stuff but are puzzled on what to play for the show

the types of music we play are classic metal, thrash, southern metal and pretty much anything that has to do with metal except nu metal

so if anybody has any suggestions please respond cause if you dont then your an idiot.....yeah.
through the fire and flames- dragonforce
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Will you have amps?

edit: if so, I suggest if you are good enough Hangar 18 by Megadeth would be an awesome kind of guitar battle song.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Advanced huh

Mr Crowley, have fun with the solo

and

Diary of a mad man

any others you want

is that to advanced?

or too little?
My online band is covering Aces High by Iron Maiden. The intro and some other parts of the song are harmonized and it's pretty fun to play. Sounds good without vocals as well.

Edit: Oh, well it's not advanced, but fun anyway.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
icumblood

but seriously some Bullet for my Valentine would be cool or some Metallica.
or Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, Guns n Roses, Dragonforce, etc.
the list is endless.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
play fade to black by mettalica, whoever is the better player, play Kirk Hammet's part. or just mix it up
Quote by Fromaster
Advanced huh

Mr Crowley, have fun with the solo

and

Diary of a mad man

any others you want

is that to advanced?

or too little?

Diary of a mad man isn't advanced
Mr Crowley might be lower advanced

I'm not a huge fan of metal or anything, but I doubt he is advanced as we think he is. And Dragonforce needs more like 12 guitars to sound good.

I wouldn't play anything on any of the guitar heroes if you want to be taken seriously by guitarists. It's unfortunate cuz GH stole a lot of good songs. I would say Holy Wars by Megadeth probably suit's advanced and classic metal. But you have to wear really tight light colored blue jeans and no shirt to play that song.

You really have to post cover songs in this thread
Last edited by kai29 at Aug 5, 2008,