Ok, so im downloading this thing from a Korean company. You know MP3's? Yea this is MT9. Basically you can change the volume of the instruments on the track. Anybody else herd of this? Somebody has had too.
how many songs actually come in MT9 format?
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by jeff541
how many songs actually come in MT9 format?

Im trying to find out if you can covert them like you cam WMA to MP3
3 exactly 3 songs in the world are in Mt9 format
Fender 70s series Stratocaster
Vox V847A wah
Boss BF-3
Ibanez TS-9DX
Quote by EpiHummingbird
3 exactly 3 songs in the world are in Mt9 format

your a tool, i mean like is this filetype common enough for me to get albums i want in it.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by jeff541
your a tool, i mean like is this filetype common enough for me to get albums i want in it.

And your a stupid douche bag. I had no idea, I thought mabe there was a way to convert it. My bad for showing your stupid retarted monkeys anything new.
Quote by MetalGear1786
And your a stupid douche bag. I had no idea, I thought mabe there was a way to convert it. My bad for showing your stupid retarted monkeys anything new.

Apology accepted
From www.enjoythemusic.com :

Get ready for the next generation of audio codec as Korea's Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) is hoping to make their six-channel MT9 file type a mainstream format. Unlike virtually all current audio file types where a mere two channel stereo signal is encoded/decoded, the MT9 format allows users not just to have more channels, these channels can be altered in such a way as to have each instrument within a channel. This would allow custom editing for not just nightclub karaoke, but to eliminate a specific instrument for musicians can act as the missing musician too. Furthermore, if each instrument has its own channel, creative artists can then manipulate the tracks and make their own artistic creation, thereby making a new version of the song that suits their desire. Being brought into a consumer version via by venture company Audizen, the possibilities of the MT9 format are wide open, with electronics manufacturers LG and Samsung possibly being the first to offers products that ate MT9 capable. Furthermore, MT9 is on the lips of the members of the Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG). Stay tuned here on Enjoy the Music.com as we will keep tabs on this new development and report here accordingly.
My God, it's full of stars!
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']^ But surely you can't just convert a 2-channel stereo mp3 track into MT9 and have it separate the channels. So the track has to be recorded in this format. Amirite?

Exactly my thoughts.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by heilhitler
postcount +1
Pointless bump? Nest time you post, try saying something.
Quote by smb
Pointless bump? Nest time you post, try saying something.

That, and posting in the Pit doesn't increase your post count...

On topic - No, you can't convert from MP3 to MT9 to separate the instruments.

Sounds like a good file format though, I'd enjoy this. I doubt the file size will be much different to MP3 either.