I'm looking at upgrading my pickups in my guitar--both to improve actual quality and add a new flair to my playing style.

In terms of what I play... Mainly Steve Howe and Steve Hackett (funny story for another time--I've actually played--well, held--some of Hackett's Genesis-era guitars). If you have ever heard Santana's Europa (I'm guessing you have), I really enjoy playing stuff like that too.

In terms of budget, I've got $470 to spend. Don't worry about my amp--I'm using a Pod XT right now through some studio monitors.

What would you guys recommend?

Would you go as far to recommend PRS's Santana pickups? I have heard NOTHING about these pickups in terms of quality...

I like sustain and I like playing clean and distorted, but I stay away from metal.

Thoughts?
i like progressive rock
Check out the handmade Swineshead pickups. Great value, especially if you're in the UK.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

i dunno if a pup change is gonna have a big impact on your sound through a Pod...
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag