i posted a thread a few days ago about how much whiskey it would take to get me drunk because i normally drink beer and vodka. last nite i decided to drink the whiskey my freind bought me for my birthday. needless to say, the whiskey ****ed me up. all day ive been feeling weak and throwing up. the throwing up stopped but i have nausea still. i want to know if sprtie would make me feel better. i also wanted to know if different alcohol can affect you differently. i never get hangover with beer or vodka. just wonderin. thanks
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Sprite/7-up and Crackers are a nauseous person's best friend.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by schmidty3000
Sprite/7-up and Crackers are a nauseous person's best friend.

thank you so much. i also wanted to know if different alcohol affects you differently. i always drink beer and vodka and i never get hangovers(at least not this bad).

i actually ran outta ginger ale 2 days ago. cracker i have though.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

let the sprite go flat first, but it'll definitely help. Ginger Ale is even better.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
it depends on whats causing your stomach to be upset, sprite usually helps with gas, i've heard of people drinking it when they have a stomache virus or whatever, its never helped me
Quote by McGelie
thank you so much. i also wanted to know if different alcohol affects you differently. i always drink beer and vodka and i never get hangovers(at least not this bad).

i actually ran outta ginger ale 2 days ago. cracker i have though.

yeah, It's been my experience that darker liquors usually give worse hangovers.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
lemons work the best. just bite into a slice of a lemon and you'll be fine.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by civildp1
let the sprite go flat first, but it'll definitely help. Ginger Ale is even better.

you are maybe the first person who i have every seen write/notice/know this. well done.

The reason sprite helps so much is that it is a simply sugary liquid. This helps quell upset stomachs (which naturally are made worse by an excess of carbonation). The whole point of drinking sprite or 7up or the like is that they are by far the most simple of the ultra sugary soft drinks. So by letting the sprite flatten, it is actually much more effective. The only downside is the citric acid (but oh well, take what you can you know)...

As for the hangover itself. dude, you are DEHYDRATED. doesnt really matter what you drink, as long as its not more alcohol or caffeinated. really water is best for you, or drink something like gatorade or powerade (heavy on the electrolytes). avoid caffeine as that only worsens the feeling, and ditto to carbonation (although again, sprite does quell nauseau).

also, as sick as you may be, you need to try to eat something. preferably something dry-ish and carb heavy (bread, crackers, etc), and not something rich, greasy or fatty.

and sleep. makes the hangover pass faster
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Did you mix the whiskey with something else?

wine, a mikes hard to get the whiskey taste out and some beer.

Edit: thanks to all who are posting.

For some reason I read "sprite" as "spite"
I was all =0 "spite isn't a physical substance, and if it was I would imagine it would make you worse"
silly me
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by civildp1
yeah, It's been my experience that darker liquors usually give worse hangovers.

i dont know if thats the case with liquors, but i know that it is proven that darker BEERS contribute to harder hangovers. Its something to do with the fact that darker beers (like guinness, for example) have more impurities in the alcohol (congeners), which gives the beer a stronger taste. these heavily contribute to the resultant (potential) hangover

as for light vs dark liquors, i have heard different things
Quote by McGelie
wine, a mikes hard to get the whiskey taste out and some beer.

Edit: thanks to all who are posting.

I always thought you were never supposed to mix those 3........anyone else know?
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I always thought you were never supposed to mix those 3........anyone else know?

The old wive's tail is to never mix the grape and the grain.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by schmidty3000
The old wive's tail is to never mix the grape and the grain.

so am i gonna die now?

Ginger ale and soda crackers.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Jello, ginger ale and soup crackers work well

Stay away from milk and cheese.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by SuPaGrAm
Jello, ginger ale and soup crackers work well

Stay away from milk and cheese.

i know i made some chicken noodle soup for lunch but i loaded it with cheese. threw up and made another bowl and i was fine