I's a used Mesa Cab with no head worth 300$?
I know there supposed to be great but yeah Just thought I would ask before I tow a car across the country in exchange for one

Its a vintage 30's Cab It looks very clean Not sure what speakers are in there
The owner had a randall V2 on it which he isn't selling

mesa boogie 4x12 cab celestion vintage 30's

I play metal Classic Rock classic metal and Blues some times country(I mostly play this on my acoustic)

Also what would be a good Head to go with this that isn't extremely costly...
I am fine with buying used.
Last edited by Darkice at Aug 4, 2008,
What music do you play? What kind of speakers are in the cab?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If it's a Recto cab with v-30s and in good condition you have a great deal. If thats also the case any tube Marshall, Orange, Mesa would sound fantastic.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Its a vintage 30's Cab It looks very clean Not sure what speakers are in there
The owner had a randall V2 on it which he isn't selling

mesa boogie 4x12 cab celestion vintage 30's

I play metal Classic Rock classic metal and Blues some times country(I mostly play this on my acoustic)
Last edited by Darkice at Aug 4, 2008,
Well, it would appear that it's loaded with V30s. Sounds like a nice deal.

EDIT: For the blues/classic rock/country there are probably better speakers. I think the V30s are more of a modern speaker. It's worth taking a look at the speaker thread for some guidance, though. Either way, the cab is a good deal.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
heck $300, snatch that sucker up. as for the head, a valveking might be nice but if you can spend more get a marshall.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by SG6578
If it's a Recto cab with v-30s and in good condition you have a great deal. If thats also the case any tube Marshall, Orange, Mesa would sound fantastic.

thats a good deal. i got mine for about 415. i have a video on youtube of me playing my amp through the same cab. just search ibanezguitars44 and you should be able to find it. i play some metal, classic rock, blues, and jazzy stuff
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣