since i have a 6505+ head (120 watts) i was looking at a mesa 2x12 w/V30s.
V30s are 60 watts right?
wold i blow the cab?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Depends what volume you play at. If you play around 7, It would be close to it. If it's 4 or 5 you play at, you will be safe.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
if i ever wanted to crank it, could i just replace one of the speakers with a higher power handleing one would it be good?
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
i personally would just buy a higher powered cab, but seeing as though you want one with vintage 30's, maybe look at a 4x12. Avatar cabs are cheap, maybe have a look into that.

If you did get that cab though, yes, you could replace it with a speaker of high power handling and it would work fine, but as to which speaker you would use, i have no idea.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
no, you wont blow it, its 120 watts, into 120 watts, you just wont have as much headroom as playing it through a 200 watt cab

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Celestions are pretty conservatively rated IMO. I've owned 25W Greenbacks in a 4x12 with a couple different all tube 100W heads, and I could really crank them without the speakers showing any signs of blowing out. You can usually get away with matching exactly the power handling compared to amp head output, at least with Celestions IME. The added benefit is some speaker breakup at decent levels, which can really add to the tone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well, if nothing else, blowing an amp is a dramatic way to end a set....
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
i just like the look of 2x12s and it would be better for me at the moment.
so i am definetly getting a 2x12.
and ive herd the meses are good, and i found one for 450 w/v30s.
if i would replace one of the speakers it would be with a warehouse speakers Retro 30- its 75 watts.
would that be good enought to really crank it without worrying?
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
v30's are rated at 60 watts.

So you should be fine, unless im mistaken.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
bump.
i need to know if thast'll work...
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Vintage 30's are 60 watts so you dont have to be concerned. And running 2x30's your gonna have a cab rated at 120 watts so again you are fine like everyone has already stated.
Damn misleading titles....

Anyway, maybe you should look for something a little more highpowered, you'd thank yourself in the long run, you dont want to be being held back somehow, such as equipment that doesnt match up right.

EDIT: That is, if the V30's dont have the wattage, i dont know the exact specs, so you may want to listen to everyone else on that part.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Vintage 30 Spec's

General specifications
Nominal diameter 12", 305mm
Power Rating 60W
Nominal impedance 8Ω and 16Ω
Sensitivity 100dB
Chassis type Pressed steel
Voice coil diameter 1.75", 44.5mm
Voice coil material Round copper
Magnet type Ceramic
Magnet weight 50oz, 1.42kg
Frequency range 70-5000Hz
Resonance frequency, Fs 75Hz
DC resistance, Re 7.3Ω & 12.
Well considering I'm running pretty much that set up, and have been for 3 years, no it won't blow.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i'd be surprised if you could get the 6505 loud enough for it to blow out the speakers anyway.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
It'll be fine, but you could get some speaker break up as you really crank the amp, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your preferences.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by doctorcheeze200
i just like the look of 2x12s and it would be better for me at the moment.
so i am definetly getting a 2x12.
and ive herd the meses are good, and i found one for 450 w/v30s.
if i would replace one of the speakers it would be with a warehouse speakers Retro 30- its 75 watts.
would that be good enought to really crank it without worrying?

the mesa 2x12 is great. i love mine. also another thing to think about is im pretty sure you can pull the outer 2 tubes and make the amp 60 watts
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by UnsignedRecords
i'd be surprised if you could get the 6505 loud enough for it to blow out the speakers anyway.

+1 my amp is 60 watts and i cant be in the same room with it with the volume on 3 hahahaha. i couldnt imagine cranking a 6505 over like 5 on volume and still being able to stand it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣