Anyone? Not just any book though, something like 1984, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, Brand New World, Animal Farm, etc... I cant seem to find anymore books like these.
Fear and loathing in las vegas is 100% amazing awesomeness. in word form. its like "drugs drugs drugs knife crazy story drugs drugs airport"
The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks is a pretty good sci fi thriller. somewhat similar to 1984.
You are not a slave...
Read more Orwell... Homage To Catalonia, Down and Out in Paris & London, The Road To Wigan Pier..

So much better than 1984 and Animal Farm.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49
Read more Orwell... Homeage To Catalonia, Down and Out in Paris & London, The Road To Wigan Pier..

So much better than 1984 and Animal Farm.

Its actually really hard to find anymore Orwell in the book stores around here, they only have Animal Farm and 1984.
Black Boy by Richard Wright is really good. Stuff by H.G. Wells an ray bradburry (might be spelling that wrong)
The Power of One - awesome book. And also the Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Literature thread

I know I'm surprised we have one too!
You are now blinking manually
Rant by Chuck Palahniuk (sp?). The Fight Club guy. Really good book, but it's in the style of an oral biography so it takes a minute to get used to.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
On The Road - Jack Kerouac.

Just look in the Classics section at your local bookstore.
Crank and Impulse by Ellen Hopkins.

They're both written in a sort of poetic style, but don't let that stop you. Crank is about the author's daughter's drug use, and Impulse is the story of three teens in a mental assylum.
We're all in the gutter.

(But some of us are looking at the stars.)
Quote by codenameduby
what is this 1984 book about?

a dude who lives in a totalitarian society, where everything you do and say is always monitored by the government. if anything you do or say could be perceived as even the slightest dissatisfaction of your life, you're torured and killed. it's pretty good.
Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, Candide (personal favorite), Lord of the Flies (didn't like the writing style very much but you can give it s shot), The Giver, The Last Book in the Universe
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

also, it's not that style, but Cadillac Beach is a great book. it's a comedy/mystery/action/politics book.
it's pretty politically incorrect, but people like my uber-conservative parents would hate it too.