so i know i'm just going to get a lot of smart-ass answers and flames, but i'm sure someone out there has an idea for my, er, predicament. so basically i'm 16 and i just moved to phoenix from northern minnesota, and in the mean time i've fallen deeply in love with my girlfriend, who turns 18 in november. she's still in minnesota. our original plan was for her to get her dad (rich as hell) to pay for her to move and live here, but he did as i suspected and said "no that's ****ing retarded". we're both pretty much broke, and if i were to go up there i'd be caught immediately and sent back to phoenix. the thing is i don't think i can live without her (flamers say what you will, **** off). I really think i'll go crazy or something. if we really try, we may be able to pay for her to move and live here, but that would pretty much blow college for her unless she gets a hell of a scholarship (which is possible, but too risky). i can't get emancipated because i don't have a job and my living conditions are safe, in case anyone was going to say that. sooo any ideas? she said she'd be willing to live in a cardboard box, but...yeah...i don't think i'd let her, lol. but yeah, i'd really like some input. helpful input, preferrably, but my chances are slim.
Why can't you just wait? You're only 16 for fucks sake.

If you REALLY can't cope without her then I guess you'll have to get a job and really knuckle down. Find a flat and gradually build up enough cash to support youselves.

Have you asked your parents?
we're going to, but i still have two more years of high school left, she has one. sorry that's a lot of time to spend without her.
Here's a thought. Her dad is right.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by maggot9779
Why can't you just wait? You're only 16 for fucks sake.

If you REALLY can't cope without her then I guess you'll have to get a job and really knuckle down. Find a flat and gradually build up enough cash to support youselves.

Have you asked your parents?

I second that.
I really think you need to think it through. You couldn't support yourselves, you would just be fucking your young lives up.

Couldn't you go and see her at weekends or something?
okay, im 16 and think this is all really imature sounding. everybody feels that way about their girlfriend when their 16. then they break up and find a new one. its high school. i couldnt even fathom the insignifigant amount of high school relationships that work out and last a life time.
-Christian?
Suggestion?

- Relationship thread

*reported*
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Have her dad send her to ASU for college (although IMO that wouldn't work out very well, especially since ASU is mostly know for its party attitude anyways).
again, lol @ yung luv.

Edit: and as for moving to phoenix from minnisota, I would be more worried about melting to the sidewalk than your girlfriend
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Aug 4, 2008,
In your predicament I feel that you shouldTAKE all your money and tranport IT to her house. She can then take it TO the bank and into a savings account. THE money will gather interest. Keep saving for the future of your RELATIONSHIP and by the time you're 18 you should be able to rent somewhere together. That is my response to this THREAD
Quote by burrit0
Just pull a Topanga Lawrence.

I want to hug you.

Best advice that came from The Pit ever.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by maggot9779
I really think you need to think it through. You couldn't support yourselves, you would just be fucking your young lives up.

Couldn't you go and see her at weekends or something?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=Minnesota,+United+States&daddr=Phoenix&hl=en&geocode=&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=41.784191,-100.00397&sspn=27.470861,56.601563&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=5
Best part of 2000 miles, my man.If he's broke he's got NO chance.
Quote by burrit0
Just pull a Topanga Lawrence.

*gasp*

To-PANG-a!

From someone who was in your exact same position, I feel for you, and I say this with love, dude, it's not going to work. Just give it up now before you two start making it worse on each other. Somebody's gonna meet somebody else, somebody's going to resent somebody for not being there, and it'll turn ugly.

Trust me.
Quote by _Tim_

Sorry, I don't know where AC/DC will be filming their video, and the guy who reported your thread is a douche.
Just look it up

And yeah man, good luck.
Long distance relationships don't work.... just saying
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
just relax and **** your so young, if you really love this girl, you would be willing to wait years to see her again and if she really loves you, she'll understand when you tell her you need the education so you can choose what you wanna do for the rest of your life. dont bum it out man!
Quote by _Tim_
In your predicament I feel that you shouldTAKE all your money and tranport IT to her house. She can then take it TO the bank and into a savings account. THE money will gather interest. Keep saving for the future of your RELATIONSHIP and by the time you're 18 you should be able to rent somewhere together. That is my response to this THREAD

*applause!!*
Quote by floppypick
Sorry, I don't know where AC/DC will be filming their video, and the guy who reported your thread is a douche.
Just look it up

And yeah man, good luck.
Long distance relationships don't work.... just saying

No worries, I tried looking it up on google and had a walk around London but to no avail.

However, long distance does work. Mine's been going for 7 months and my friend's has been going for double that...just saying
Quote by porker
*applause!!*

*bows*
Analysis: Basically she's going to College. Away from you. Long distance relationships don't work and there's nothing you can do to maky it a SHORT distance relationship. If you plan on going to the same college the next year, it may not benefit you completely, and you could go somewhere that suits you better. There'll be other guys at her college she'll like the look of and it'll put more strain on your relationship, ending up in either her cheating on you or you breaking up.

Application: Break up with her when she leaves. It'll be extremely hard, but it's for the best. Thing is, you'll regret missing out on all the chances you have to date other girls while you're at college, and it won't be the end of your relationship with her completely. Just say to her you think your relationship wouldn't last the long distance without one of you getting hurt, and in 4/5 years time when you're both back home, you can go out with her again if you both still feel the same way.

There we go, problem solved in the best possible way.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
Analysis: Basically she's going to College. Away from you. Long distance relationships don't work and there's nothing you can do to maky it a SHORT distance relationship. If you plan on going to the same college the next year, it may not benefit you completely, and you could go somewhere that suits you better. There'll be other guys at her college she'll like the look of and it'll put more strain on your relationship, ending up in either her cheating on you or you breaking up.

Application: Break up with her when she leaves. It'll be extremely hard, but it's for the best. Thing is, you'll regret missing out on all the chances you have to date other girls while you're at college, and it won't be the end of your relationship with her completely. Just say to her you think your relationship wouldn't last the long distance without one of you getting hurt, and in 4/5 years time when you're both back home, you can go out with her again if you both still feel the same way.

There we go, problem solved in the best possible way.

the thought was good

but what you really need to do is this

u get all of ure moneyz (all of them)
get a camera
take a photo of ure girlfriend or shes not real.
get a job.

and maybe compromise until you are old enough and can afford to move whereever.

but maybe get a job and have weekends where she can come over or vice versa. that might work