Well, it's been a long month.
while i was gone i did some great things as excelling with my bass.
here is my new amp:
sorry for size

its a peavy max 450 bass head with a 4x10 tvx cab, sounds awesome with my jazz bass, its a beast. no those arnt my settings.

also, i was in the studio for a bit, and what resulted was great things. i actually love what the producer did with my bass sound
www.myspace.com/theunthinkingmajorityca Listen to just let me go and boom, i think my tone sounds good, what do you think?

also i have a problem, the bridge pickup on my bass is too quiet and the neck pickup is way louder, what could be the problem?
Haven't tried that amp, nice bass though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Check the pickup height for the volume difference. Its probably because your neck pickup is closer to the strings than the bridge pickup.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'm liking the Boom song, very Soad-esque IMO.

Edit - Pearl Jam also springs to mind.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Aug 4, 2008,
I love Just Let Me Go it's awesome, your band are really good and the sound quality is great. How much did it cost?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Aug 5, 2008,
it seems my bridge pickup is wired backwards?
the white and black wires are on the different sides then the neck pickup, would that affect anything?
Cool amp and bass... But was is that rubber duck doing in the picture?

Oh by the way, I listened to your bands music, its actually quite good, great bass work.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Last edited by teh_Beatles at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by reaume140
it seems my bridge pickup is wired backwards?
the white and black wires are on the different sides then the neck pickup, would that affect anything?

No, they wire them out of phase like that to reduce the 60 cycle hum. Have you checked the pickup height yet?
Your band is pretty kickass, and I especially like your vocalist. He doesn't have that whiny voice like everyone nowadays.

The bass also sounds great. I've always wanted to try a jazz bass. Good work.
Quote by Bumper
No, they wire them out of phase like that to reduce the 60 cycle hum. Have you checked the pickup height yet?

yeah dude its not the pickup height...the pickup is actually quieter, it doesnt start making noise till the volume pot is actually turned like 3/4 of the way and doesnt go to full volume..im thinking its a short, but i have no clue.
Open that bad boy up, check the wiring against a diagram, and reflow those soldering joints. Can't hurt anything to try those easy steps. I too am curious about the peavey 4*10, as my past experience with peavey bass speakers and the lower price kind of put me off.

By the way, your bass playing sounds great and sits so pretty in the mix.
Could you please tell me what the difference is between a 4x10 configuration and a 1x15? As in sound and volume, which is better for what? Thank you.

BTW: My computer is being a bitch so I can't listen to your music, sorry.