please help me!

i just bought a 4 ply pickguard to replace my 3 ply pickguard on my strat and i cant get the 11 holes to line up so i can screw it in (everything else is ok). the 4 ply pickguard seems to be the same size or maybe 0.1 mm thicker. is there any way i can make it fit? my guitar is basically open right now so any help would be appreciated. thanks
Quote by MorbidVirus
Nothin wrong with shredding here and there.
also you can only have so much melody before it gets gay

lololol
Was your old one an 8 hole guard. I know fender use two different pickguard types.... I would send it back and purchase a correct fitting one
@supergerbil- no theyre both 11 holed ones.

@ guitarcam123- i dont wanna mess with the actual body of my guitar just for the pickguard.
Quote by MorbidVirus

lololol
Could you take a picture? If the holes don't match up, then there is nothing you can really do without drilling your guitar...
i tried taking pictures but theyre WAY too unclear to tell anything. ive decided that ill just take it into a guitar shop and try to have them figure it out. my guitar is too precious to screw up over a pickguard.
Quote by MorbidVirus

lololol
The 3 fender strats squire, MIM, MIA all seem to have a slightly different hole spacing. Just enough so pickguards dont go from one to the other. Yea I know seems like it would make sense to have 1 that fits em all. But if the holes dont line up not much can be done cant move a hole without drilling a new one.
I find mia and mim usually fit one another.

If you take your guitar in they will probably drill new holes, and charge you 40 bucks to do so. you might as well just do it yourself, new pickguard holes isn't really a big deal, just fill the old ones and apply some nail polish or paint over the fill.

But whatever, it's your guitar.

is it a MIA?
yeah its an american deluxe strat to be specific.
Quote by MorbidVirus

lololol
where did you get the pickguard? and how it is different from the original?