my music teacher would like me to do an acoustic duet with another of the students at my school. what do you think would be a good piece that is at a beginner/intermediate level that doesn't sacrifice good music?
do a meledy of metallica intros
one, call of ktulu, ...and justice for all, ride the lightning, fight fire with fire, almost all metallica songs have a nice little intro, some are heavy but nonetheless can be played acoustically, the best on would be the intro to fade to black. oh and if you can expand on it, the lighter side fo panteras Hollow is probally going to be an amazing acoustic piece. those are all i can think of, and i know your probaly thinking its heavy metal but those are some prettysoft ideas i gave you, and maybe you could do sweet child of mine
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
tom183 - i don't mind style, ultimately it is just for a grade.

F8iscrruel - metal doesn't bother me perhaps i shall do that it could be good, i know a lot of them anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
scrap the metallica idea i jsut remembered i have to help a bassist in my class do the bass doodle with metallica or whatever its called so teacher won't want me doin' that.
Some of the acoustic In Flames stuff is really good. Try Acoustic Medley, it has around 3 or 4 guitars in it, but can easily be played with 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHNNjU8aMc
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
wow that is a good one, i may just do that. never listened to in flames much myself. I thought they were mainly RAWR! music as i call it.
Quote by dan_d_superman
wow that is a good one, i may just do that. never listened to in flames much myself. I thought they were mainly RAWR! music as i call it.

Quite a lot of it is, but they do a few really nice acoustic prices too.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
maybe, hotel california??,, fade to black is a gd piece,, one cud take care of solos, the other of the rythem.. gd luk
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory
Fade To Black would be great for this.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Maybe Going to california It's a mandolin and guitar but it could probably be worked out for guitar.
tears in heaven is a nice piece .. but i think hotel california is the way to go !!
take it easy man .. its just a thread
jenny by flight of the conchords
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"