Page 1 of 2
Hey guys...
Though I haven't got the money yet, I'm looking for ideas for my next guitar. My budget is roughly £500, though I might be willing to save up a bit more...

I'm looking for a versatile guitar which can handle shred, classic rock, blues.. Though really shred is the main deal for me...

I don't really wan't a Floyd Rose, mainly because they don't really appeal to me... But just a standard tremolo would suit me, though I'm not really fussed.

So In short: A guitar with a super easy to play neck, a thick, rich tone, for £500 or under (though I might be willing to save up a little...)

Thanks

http://www.thomann.de/es/dean_guitars_angel_of_deth.htm

1059 EUR, I'm gonna get one when I have money for it

Dean Guitars Dave Mustaine VMNT "Angel of Deth", E-Guitar, Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fretboard, 24 Frets, Pearl Shark Tooth Inlays, Grover Tuners, 2 Dave Mustaine Duncan Live Wire Humbuckers, 25,5" Scale Lenth, Tone Pros Bridge, black Hardware, Finish: "Angel of Deth" Custom Graphic, incl. Case
Quote by vvshred
whats wrong with a floyd rose

I don't really use them... So why pay the extra money?
EDIT to Gacel... According to Thomann it's £823... Quite a bit above my budget.
Last edited by DimebagJosho at Aug 4, 2008,
how much does 500pounds come out to in canadian/american currency?
but; check out strats! nothing better than a good ol fashioned strat, i personally think strats are incredible for shredding, even ask yngwie malmsteen or joe stump.
a thin necked gibson les paul are good too., also, check out the esp ltd mh-1000 non tremolo, great guitar.
Quote by DimebagJosho
I don't really use them... So why pay the extra money?

well with a floyd rose you would be able to use lower tunings and get really sweet action and the strings wont be way loose as opposed to using a guitar without a floyd rose
and they just get you good action anyways
u can get Ibanez RGs without whammy bars (u meant all whammy bars right, not speficially the floyd rose?)
Gear:

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DD-20 Delay

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by jimithrash
jackson string thru rr?

get this one if you dont want a floyd
Quote by Nutman69
u can get Ibanez RGs without whammy bars (u meant all whammy bars right, not speficially the floyd rose?)

Well I don't really mind if it's just a standard tremolo... I just don't really wan't a floyd.
It's a bitch always having to carry an Allen Key around with you every time you're with your guitar.
Quote by metulkult
how much does 500pounds come out to in canadian/american

$1000

Some of the more expensive Ibanez don't have a locking tremolo, but maybe you should re-think, since a floyd rose would help it stay in tune, it doesn't just male funny sounds.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by DimebagJosho
Well I don't really mind if it's just a standard tremolo... I just don't really wan't a floyd.
It's a bitch always having to carry an Allen Key around with you every time you're with your guitar.

you can allways put one on a key ring if its that annoying,
but i dont see why you would need to bring it around, i never do
Seriously guys, he doesn't want a floyd. Stop telling him what YOU want him to get, and start suggesting guitars to his needs.

jeeeeezz.

I'd have a look at the Ibanez RGA121. It's a little over budget, but it's a very nice guitar: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/66925
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by vvshred
you can allways put one on a key ring if its that annoying,
but i dont see why you would need to bring it around, i never do

Lol Well my Edge tremolo for my 350DX at the moment goes out of tune all the time... I guess that's partly why I've been put of locking tremolos.
this one is cheaper and might be ok for you, 648 EUR

http://www.thomann.de/es/esp_ltd_ex400ow.htm

ESP LTD EX400OW electric guitar - EX-style, white mahogany body, 2-piece maple set neck, rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, EMG 81/60 active pickups, volume & tone controls, 3-way toggle switch, Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop tailpiece. Colour: Olympic White
Quote by DimebagJosho
Lol Well my Edge tremolo for my 350DX at the moment goes out of tune all the time... I guess that's partly why I've been put of locking tremolos.

is it a cheap guitar, because i have a jackson warrior with a tremelo and it never goes out of tune,
and you can just use the little tuning pegs on the floyd if it does
try a HSS strat, because what you described exactly describes a strat.
try some of the mustaine deans, and the string thru razorbacks.
schecter c-1 and ltd-ex400 are great guitars too.
string thru rhoads (rr5) play extremely well and are easy on the eyes. if you do get it, get the ivory, its beautiful.
i think there are some string thru pretiges also, but dont count me on that.
try a jackson soloist too. 999$ on musiciansfriend, awesome guitar, and string thru.
Quote by metulkult
try some of the mustaine deans, and the string thru razorbacks.
schecter c-1 and ltd-ex400 are great guitars too.
string thru rhoads (rr5) play extremely well and are easy on the eyes. if you do get it, get the ivory, its beautiful.
i think there are some string thru pretiges also, but dont count me on that.
try a jackson soloist too. 999$ on musiciansfriend, awesome guitar, and string thru.

Ye I gotta admit I really do like the RR5... And I was previously going to get a Schecter, but I couldn't find a UK seller.
Buy a Kramer Superstrat through Craiglist or E-Bay?
My personal recommendation would be a Fender HM Strat
MIM Fender strat with a pickup swap.
That should be just fine for shred.

Or a hardtail Ibanez with a pickup swap would be a fine purchase.
Guitars:
Jackson JS300 Kelly
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez Nylon acoustic

Amps:
Crate 15 watt(Broke)
Dean 10 watt amp
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey XXX(Lookin for a cab...)

Pedals:
G2 Zoom Multi-FX(Tuner)
Shred machine...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/66925

Cheaper shred machine...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Neck won't be as slim as the Ibanez but it's definitely worth your attention.

Quote by vvshred
well with a floyd rose you would be able to use lower tunings and get really sweet action and the strings wont be way loose as opposed to using a guitar without a floyd rose

srsly, what planet are you on?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by metulkult

i agree with the HSS strat. also you could try an explorer.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by vvshred

Stop talking crap.

Anyway, i dont have much to contribute. I also am tired of floyd rose guitars. A bitch to tune, restring, maintain etc. I'm just gonna block my RG570s trem.
I think every guitar that comes with a FR version has a non-trem version... as far as I know
Quote by ChaosMaker911
try out an ibanez PGM301

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=PGM301

i admit im a bit biased toward anything paul gilbert, but its really a fantastic guitar. very versatile.

thats above his budget
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Schecter Hellraiser Hardtail.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

There are a lot of Ibanez suggestions. It wouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind for someone who specifically asked for something that could handle blues. Thats not to say some models aren't good for that.

'Blues', 'Classic Rock', shredding capabilities - sounds more like a Strat man to me - or even a PRS. Something versatile with standard trem i guess.
Carvin DC 127? you could get some nice added custom options with that budget. Jason Becker and Marty Friedman used to use Carvins.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by duggyrocks
Stop talking crap.

Anyway, i dont have much to contribute. I also am tired of floyd rose guitars. A bitch to tune, restring, maintain etc. I'm just gonna block my RG570s trem.

haha your pretty stupid if you think im talking crap
but i did forget to add you would be able to use smaller gauged strings and tune lower and keep the same action and all that good stuff
i would think this has been sugeested, but im going to say jackson dinky DMKGT or any other fixed bridge jackson
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by steven seagull
Shred machine...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/66925

Cheaper shred machine...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Neck won't be as slim as the Ibanez but it's definitely worth your attention.

srsly, what planet are you on?

+1 on whole post.

the ibanez is quite bright-sounding though. but it's a nice guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definatley a Jackson RR5 (ivory)

Just bought one and now I feel that I don't need any other guitars. Its kinda like a really souped up les paul and the pups are excellent and as the guy up there said, its very easy on the eyes!
Ibanez PGM301 isn't to far out of your Budget, and if you like the look it is an AWESOME guitar. comes with DiMarzio PAF pros, which are really great. Otherwise a pestige RG Fixed bridge.
I'd say PGM would be your best bet.

If it's too far out of your budget you could wait for a used/blem one or keep saving.
Page 1 of 2