Hey all, I did a writeup on this rig earlier, and this is more or less just going to be a copy + paste job, with afew added photos and a review on a P.O.S fretless to come!

So here it is, in all its glory!

Yep, Basically it consists of a Warwick Corvette Ash Standard 4 str (Active/passive Switchable), my newly attained Musicman Bongo 5'er and a Genz Benz halfstack (Which in itself contains the GBE1200 head, a Korg DTR-1000 Rackmount Tuner and a GBXB2 410(8OHMS) ). On top of that, theres also A DOD bass flanger, a Boss DD-3 Delay, an Ashdown Perfect 10 and my old starter bass which I ripped all the frets out of and custom-painted with a skull. Basically its the most metal looking fretless ever

So without further delay, onto the rig -

Warwick Corvette Standard Ash

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3019.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3020.jpg

This was my first step up from my starter gear, and only encouraged me more, basically love it to death, and it can be seen. Dings and scratches galore, it still performs like it did when I bought it. Better actually, perhaps the wood naturally maturing is doing something to the sound, because it seems to hint a different character every new day. Basically my go-to bass, simply because it does everything, and does it with sincerity. Not to mention it has a lovely flamed pattern on the treble side of the body. Would only ever think of replacing with perhaps a Warwick Thumb NT, but even then I'd probably still come back and play it at every chance

Musicman Bongo 5 String (HH/P)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/?action=view&current=100_3013.jpg
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/?action=view&current=100_3015.jpg
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/?action=view&current=100_3014.jpg

My newest acquisition, and a good one at that. I was surfing eBay, basically tossing up whether to throw my money at a Thumb NT or a Bongo, in the end I went for the Bongo, as I had been GASsing for that humbucker tone for a wee while now. I tried and tried to find a 6 stringer in my price range, but to no avail. No complaints though, as this performs as well as I could hope it to. Definitely a room filler, intrusive as hell, and the guitarist can't do a thing about it The model, which I found out after purchase, was actually a HH/P, which was a nice surprise and definitely a perk. On arrival, more surprise, as the black finish (which I originally would have voted against) is simply the best finish I could have hope for. It has a sparkle through it, which I tried (and failed) to capture in photo. This is what I play in my band as of late, as I'm enjoying incorporating my new set of low notes into the songs All up I got it for $2000NZD shipped to my door, in near mint condition, which isn't bad considering to buy one at the shop would be running me upwards of $4,500 starting. Super happy with this one, as it offers me a break from the bite of a corvette, instead slapping me silly with the punch only the humbucker can offer.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Genz Benz Amp Rig

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/Ryknowodadjian/100_3008.jpg

Ok, so originally I was set on a Gallien Krueger, but here in New Zealand, a Gallien Krueger is a quick way to burn a hole in the pocket. So I searched around, asking local folk what they recommended, and basically I ended up in conversation with my jazz combo director (who's a long time advocate of the nether-frequency regions) and he said his friend had just bought a Genz Benz combo, and he was raving on about how the low end just rumbled from it in waves, in ways his 800rb (pushing 25 years old) couldn't even dream of. So, I took a chance, and asked the local store to get in the Genz Benz GBE1200 + 410 setup for a trial. Basically, people have been scrambling to get a hold of them since they came into the country, and had I not bought it, there was a guy further down the country in hot line to take it. So I plugged the 'wick into it, and fell in love. It wasn't quite the GK tone, but I loved it all the same, and the diversity of two preamps (1 SS and 1 Tube) really got me sold. So later that week, I rolled it out of the store, a proud owner of Genz Benz. Basically it can achieve more or less any tone I ask from it, with a bit of coaxing of course Whether thumping low end (Reggae style) or biting mid-range is on order (Cue the funk) it delivers. With the Corvette I find myself sitting in tube land allot, with it downtuned to bust out all the goodness that is Mudvayne, as I just feel the tubes compliment the woody complexion of Warwick, but bring in the Bongo, and we are in thumping solid state land baby, with lots of punchy tastiness. I truly found the meaning of the Whole "a bad bass will sound ok through a good amp, but never the other way round" saying after this setup was rolled in. God I had never thought that the Warwick could achieve the level of snappiness and fizzy snarl that it does through the Genz Benz. All in all, a very pleasing amp, and leaves very little GAS in my body

To close this all up, I'll put in a shameless plug for my band, comments and critiques requested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiK37rE2b50
www.myspace.com/lithiumnz

Sound clips of the setup on my profile! Check them out!

Your humble basser from New Zealand,
Milan

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ugh, silly boy got in between my posts

- This post is reserved for the purpose of the possible fretless writeup -

do you want me to delete my other comment?

once again nice rig, wish i had it and....

YES FIRST COMMENT!!!!

EDIT: deleted
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Last edited by sonsie at Aug 4, 2008,
Would be appreciated mate, considering you now have two first comments

And thanks for the rig love

Lovely rig, how much did it all cost you? And could you please try and make the pictures show in your post, because Photobucket won't work for me.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Great amp and bass! The local music store around here basically only carries Genz Benz and I love that particular setup. Also your band kicks ass
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Very nice rig.

Liking the Genz Benz setup. Also, your basses are nice!
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

sweet! loving the Warwick. good job man!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
FleaJr, Ill work on getting some other method of pictures up at some point. It ran me all up around $7,500NZD, which I am slowly repaying back. I bought the Warwick myself.

And watchingmefall, as far as your tastes go, what would you preference on pickguard be? I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts

Thanks for the band comments guys! (Would you believe me and the Guitarist are 13? the drummer 14 and the singer 16?)

How much growl do you get from the Warwick through the Genz Benz? I love the tone of them, but 99% of demos are with jazz basses, which lack the same level of growl.

If it lets your 'Wick growl, then you have got me seriously interested in Genz Benz.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Nikki197666
Thanks for the band comments guys! (Would you believe me and the Guitarist are 13? the drummer 14 and the singer 16?)

I'm insanely jealous.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Gm, It growls as much as i could possibly hope it to. I'm disadvantaged instantly in the 'warwick growl' department just because of the ash body (Which still growls, just not in the Bubinga way) but it gets as close to a Ryan Martinie tone as I could possibly hope it to, and thats about the epitome of Warwick Growl IMO.

Last edited by Nikki197666 at Aug 5, 2008,
a dark red pickguard would be really cool. though I kinda like the one on it though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Wow, nice rig, looks like it could destroy some childrens minds because its so loud.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by watchingmefall
I'll be honest, I love the bongo but I hate the pickguard you have on it.
Props on scoring it at such a price.

I think the P-guard looks pretty nice in the top pic, maybe that's because its not catching the light though.
Gotta love short toes

I love your amp. I'm thinking about getting a Genz Benz.
And you're a really good bassist. Listened to your stuff. Nice job.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Aug 13, 2008,