is it possible? like if i got some kind of preamp could i run it into my mesa head?

also, if it is possible, what could it do? i dont really know how to phrase this question, but like....how would it change the tone if i bought some kind of preamp like an engl 530 or a line6 pod?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yes, its possible

how would it change the tone? well you're running a completey different preamp. And in the modern high gain monster amps thats more or less everything
so like it would chaneg the amount of gain, tightness, darkness/brightness?

thats what i was thinking, but ive never really dealt with different preamps/poweramps and stuff so i was making sure. id love to buy a pod and run it into my amp for all the versatility, but i dont want it to sound all digital. i guess ill have to try it out. how would you hook up a preamp to a head?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yes, yes and yes

how to do it:
if you're amp doesn't have any specific "line in" you'd hook it up to the "FX return" on the effects loop
alright thanks for the help man. i appreciate it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'd imagine your amp would achieve better sounds by itself (or boosted with a clean boost/EQ or something). But sure, if you want to try it, go ahead.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.